Any Heald Tryke lovers out here?

The 2 Super Trykes I mentioned earlier for sale in Woodstock Ill. are now my brother and mine . After buying the VT-10 and VT-1012 we stayed in contact with the seller . He finally came down on the asking price and a deal was made . The 16 hp is all complete with a bent front fork . The 2 seater needs a 11 hp Briggs and restoration .

Hello all! I'm new but I used this site a lot to upgrade my Baja Warrior - which is an awesome little mini bike now. I just picked up a Heald Super Tryke I plan to work on this fall and winter. All recently powder coated and tons of extra parts. It's a bench seat and has a B&S 20HP (?) Opposed V-Twin Model 402417-0701-01. Does anyone know if that is original to the STX? Needs a lot of mechanical work. Wondering if I should swap out engine as well and if so what would be a good one? Would the Predator 212CC's be enough? Stil need to bring it home and tear into it...that happens tomorrow...

I'd also like to put a F-N-R tranny in it...any idea what I could use to do that? Old lawn tractor parts?
MMB

Last edited:
Hi Folks
I just love this site thanks for being here! I just got a super trike. It has a 16HP brigs opposed twin. Not sure if this is the stock motor or what year it may be. It is a 2 seater / 2 up bench seat. The bike has had some mods but seems to be complete . Did Heald run a 16 hp brigs ? Where might I find wheel bearings? Did they come with dual hydraulic disk rear brakes ? Does any of this indicate what year it may be? Photos will follow soon. Thanks Wild Pete

Hi Folks

I will try to determine the year of my Super Tryke engine, the 16 B/S opposed Twin via the S #s . Does any one know how many years the trikes could be ordered with the B/S 16hp?

Hi all,

I have a Heald Super Tryke SST with 8HP Briggs & Stratton and non-original seat, and non-original brake system which I'd like to try and get back to as close to original as possible. I also just recently bought another roller frame, fenders, w/ roll bars which I'm having shipped to me via U-Ship in the next week or so. Does anyone have plans / build diagrams and electrical schematics for the super trykes? I asked Chatten but he's not into the trykes. I'm also looking for the build diagrams for a Heald Super Bronc II VT-1040

Thanks what year tryke do you have. What is the difference between the SST and SXT?
According to what Ron Kimball told me: The difference is the drivetrain. He said the SST models have the axle and gearbox setup. The STX instead has the transaxle, to which he said he was not a fan of.