Any one know about McCulloch engines here?

I know it's a Kart engine but I'm wondering what this one is missing on it other than a carb and shroud and if it is going to be a huge effort to get this one going. Haven't bought it yet. This one would be perfect for my '64 Rupp Lancer.

I was joking by the way. Im not selling this engine. No matter what I have to sink into it the guy I bought it from was extremely nice to let it go for that.

you have two vantech intakes on it, they bring big bucks, plus the header.
you got a smoking deal
I am uneasy about it based on the looks of it externaly to be honest.
I wonder about how it was stored.

Once you open it up, clean and start to measure adnd check things you will have a better idea.

I can't tell you what the parts are worth or the emgine, my concern is how much it will cost to get it back into racing condition.

MC 10 was easier back in the day because its closer to its saw relatives to find parts.

This is vintage stufff now.

I still prefer to stay closer to the saw that is what I know best.
The racing engine when they got into the fancy reeds, twin carbs and modified third port ect porting were very fickle and expensive things.

One thing you could always be sure of with the MC10 was when it blew up the points were always good to reuse ( thanks to a mav switch they never did much in the first place ).
The rest of the engine far less so......

When I see a used Mac with parts missing my mind goes back to those days and what was salvaged after they blew up.