Anyone else here vape? My story.

So Norcal, are you vaping on your P.E.N.I.S.? You know this is a family forum. :hammer:

I have drippers too. Currently have a 26ga Nichrome80 7 wrap dual coil in my Dark Horse and a 28ga kanthal 6 wrap dual coil in my Airek.

Last edited:
So Norcal, are you vaping on your P.E.N.I.S.? You know this is a family forum. :hammer:

I have drippers too. Currently have a 26ga Nichrome80 7 wrap dual coil in my Dark Horse and a 28ga kanthal 6 wrap dual coil in my Airek.
Sound like a setup to go down the 1/4 mile!! :lol:

this is the wife's rig 100w mod with an aspire Atlantis it's hits like a dripper but it's a tank would work killer on the Hana
My atty is a .1 ohm triple parallel 28ga 6 wrap I use for cloud comps
And my hobo has .7 ohm 28ga 8 wrap

Sent from my iPhone using Mores code

Been vaping since early 2009. Haven't smoked since 8-18-10. I currently use a couple of iTaste MVP 2.0s and use liquid from Mt. Baker Vapor.

I'm not up to date on this stuff at all since I've found a setup that works for me. Started with 24mg liquid and now use 6mg.

It was all cigarette style batteries with attys and fish filter foam in the cartridges. People have it easy now.

Last edited:
im a heavy smoker chantix didnt work for me just made cigs taste like s..t i want to start vaping but dont want to buy the wrong thing some of the setups you guys have look like what i need can you shoot me some more info on these type,brand,ect

AS we all have different stories of success and failures in the fight to quit the addiction of smoking. Wow much is the cost of switching to another avenue most would see as just another crutch.
What if you didn't have the money to spend on the devices and the liquid flavor. All this is so new to me I guess I live in a boxed up world. I know they have gum and patches and even hypnosis to help you reduce and favorably end your dependency to the tobacco be it in so many forms like snuff, chew pipes and cigars.
Sorry to be so dumb about these things but I am now 70 and I don't think I would be here today if I hadn't quit 36 years ago.
Steve

Well I took the plunge
I went out at lunchtime and bought my first kit

Its an e STICK , came with 2 batteries , charger and 4 tanks

Bought black cherry juice for it that has 24 ng of nicotene
Cost me $100 but hope it will end up being way cheaper than smoking
I have only had it for an hour but it is not that bad
Just hoping that I will be able to stay away from my reg smokes

Last edited:
Well I took the plunge
I went out at lunchtime and bought my first kit

Its an e STICK , came with 2 batteries , charger and 4 tanks

Bought black cherry juice for it that has 24 ng of nicotene
Cost me $100 but hope it will end up being way cheaper than smoking
I have only had it for an hour but it is not that bad
Just hoping that I will be able to stay away from my reg smokes
Congratulations!

24mg is pretty strong. 18mg is about where regular cigarettes are. If when you take a hit and you get a "burn" at the back of your throat, lower the nicotine level. Within a month, I went from 18mg to 6mg.

And there are so many flavors out there. Enjoy!

Last edited:
I have been using my E stick for a month now and can honestly say that it is working , I do keep a pack of shop smokes for times when I need it, but I go all day at work no problem

I have also gone down to 12 mg nic from startimg

way to go bigrob, I am right behind you.......im changing my habits......not buying them is part of the hardest part......but I haven't in two weeks, just waiting for my roomie to give it up......will make it easier for sure........

Way to go Rob--you can beat it. Just before my birthday on Feb 1 I got this cold and flu and coughed like crazy so I just quit! Took the full packs back to the coffee shop and got a refund. That was 6 weeks ago and it wasn't easy--even dream about having one(smoke)--I dream about the other all the time!Decided to take the $300+ a month and buy a used kayak which I turned into a fishing one and now my smoking money is in boat, rods and lures--much better for the health.

scootercat

Hey Gang!...I've been down for awhile ,haven't posted in a long time....BUT I have QUIT SMOKING!... I smoked a pack a day for years.... when they started putting a fire retardent( look on a pack of cigs,at the upc scanner bar...it says FSC Fire Safety Code) in store bought gigs about two years ago,I started buying loose tobacco,tubes and had a stuffer to make My own cigs,no fire stuff in them that way....But I still had My doctor on Me to quit so on 4/20/15 I bought a ZigZag Liquid Vaperizer and a 10m. bottle of Menthol Juice with 1.8% Nic. I haven't had a cig for 13 days and feel better already!....Like a lot of things I look up info on the net and WOW!...Vaping is big!....I looked at hundreds of Vids on Y/T and started building My own devices!....I'm trying to do something minibike related with one now....LOL!....This the kind of hobby I can do sitting at the kitchen table...Not much mess or bad smells but the clouds hanging in the air!....I went to the local Vape shops asking about dead on nonworking batteries for salvaging parts to build with,and picked up three!...for free!....Fixed one and disassembled the other two for the connector and on-board switch stuff....One of the shops gave Me a Eleaf Istick 20watt that didn't work....I looked on the Tube,3 or 4 vids on replacing the battery,so I did what any one of Us would...Peal that Puppy apart and pack a better battery with more mAh!...I used a safer battery called a, Li-Mn 2500mAh 35a pulse/ 25a continuous discharge....It was fun looking for a #5 torx bit to fit the micro screws that hold the end caps on,but it works like a champ now!....Did I say I have a new hobby now?...LOL!.....I may be selling of some of My minibike stash so I can buy more cotton and kanthal wire to make rebuilds on My new "NIMBUS" RDA That was also free!....Lots of luck to everyone that goes this route to quit the Monkey bites!....Scootercat....

I picked up an Itaste MVP 3.0 and a Kanger Subtank Plus. I hahahahaing love the setup and haven't touched my 2.0s since getting it. I also started building my own coils since it's way cheaper and fast.

toomanytoys

You are just trading one bad thing in your lungs for another. Might as well still smoke considering what some of these "vapors" have in them. They might not be as bad as smoking, but it's still not good for you.

I quit smoking 4-6-13 and haven't touched one since. Been over 2 years. I was smoking one day, smoked half of it, looked at it, thought to myself I don't need this anymore, stomped that one out and threw half a pack in the trash. Haven't touched them since.

First week was hell, second week was better, 3rd week a little better again, 4th week I felt great.

For 2 years I smoked 3ish packs a day, rest of the time I was 2 packs a day, towards the end I was down to a pack and half.

If you want to quit, just do it, don't trade one habit for another.