anyone have a classic car?

toomanytoys

Since all the stuff that's happened lately selling off my rzr and selling my buddies stuff(there was a thread) I'm beginning to wonder what I should buy.

I have bought all the stuff to redo the kitchen, bathroom, and redrywall all the rooms and paint. And have a big chunk of cash left over. House has a new roof septic tank and siding so I don't need to do any other big jobs.

I was thinking about buying a 1970 Nova or a 1984 Monte Carlo SS. The Monte isnt a true classic but I really like those cars and I could pick one up cheap build a motor and 5 speed swap it.

The Nova has a sentimental reason. My dad had a 1971 Nova SS when I was born and I came home from the hospital in one. Dad sold the car to pay bills when I was a kid. His plan was to keep it for me when I was older but he was forced to sell it.

So in was thinking a classic car would be more fun for me and the family I'll have one day than a rzr. I've always wanted to have one.

Neck

Growing up is optional
Does a 67 Land Cruiser count? Dad bought it in 67 and was the first car I ever drove. It's in the process of a frame off restomod at the moment.

CarPlayLB

I have this old "hoopty" '69 Camaro that is middle of the road...I say that 'cause every car show I go to, someone has to tell me how their sisters boyfriends cousin has a boyfriend who's aunt had one just like this back in '65!
In Cali we have to buy pre 1973, cause the smog police will get ya if ya don't. Old cars are more fun! Stick with the oldies!

get the nova! my brother had a 69 in high school for his first car. this was in 2000 ish so it definatly stood out. it was a ton of fun. we rebuilt it with a 350 and 4 speed. Gas was still cheap. and we put the miles on
As for classics I have a 46 jeep cj-2a and a 67 cj-5 also a 82 porsche 911sc and a 72 914 I dont own anything else the 911 and cj-5 are my daily rides. the 914 and cj-2a arnt on the road at the moment. My brother has a couple old vws a 63 beetle and a rail buggy we built. my dad has a 58 impala.

Go with the Nova. When I first quit drinking my 70 Nova helped me through the tough times. I did everything on it. By the way Nova actually stood for Nova,Omega,Ventura,Apollo!

I have a 1939 Ford Truck with a 85hp Flathead and shift on the floor. It has 5OO miles or less since it was restored, I might get a new battery and drive it around.

I have all kinds of toys, most in the vintage form from mini bikes motor cycles and cars.. from a Powell to a Funny Car I have it, but still to me nothing better than a cruise in a old car... better yet a good ol drag race.. im stuck in pre 72 with the toys but they all bring a smile to my face when riding driving or racing... I would go the Nova...

I have a 1962 MGA Mk II roadster. It's all hot-rodded, w/cut down windscreen and no bumpers, etc. This pic is from a long time ago. I'm older and grayer, but the car still looks the same.

1966 Mustang, San Jose car which I have had for just over 25 years. Also, a 1993 5.0L Mustang coupe which I am the original owner of. Has less then 35,000 miles and is setup for drag racing. :) Vintage snowmobiles too. But, love the Tacos.

1972 Plymouth Satellite Sebring.....1959 Dodge no-window panel truck lifted 4x4 manual......I drive a 1976 International Harvester Scout Sport 2, 345/auto on floor-removable hard top