Anyone have a mega moto 212?

Man that's cheap. I just took mine back today. I thought about you advice and thought its gonna cost me the same price to buy the Pro as to upgrade mine. I only had till the 10th. Have to save some more money to get the pro though. You can get it from mega moto for 748 with the HOLIDAY15 discount.

FYI: My original gearing for the 212 put the top speed at 58mph, 48T rear sprocket and no speed limiter in the CVT. The 212 pulled that speed easily on the street, but suffered some in hill climbing duties. So for production we went with a 53T rear for torque combined with a speed limiter to bring the top speed to about 33mph for licensing regulations in some states.
My only complaint is the foot pegs are too high for a large adult rider! The main frame needs to be a little taller,where your upper leg is level,when your foot is on the pegs! PS. mine tops out at 37mph with my 254lbs. rider weight. 56640100_276461189909553_7907162262270377984_n.jpg

I'm the guy who designed the 212. Getting the handling right was my first priority. Compare the Coleman CT200U and the 212 and you'll see how bad the CT handles. The original 212 design, (Originally the MM-B212 now the 212 PRO) uses 34mm tubing for the main frame, (mostly a design choice than a strength or durability choice), and has a headlight, CVT, front suspension, and front and rear hydraulic disc brakes. The rigid rear was used to keep costs and complexity down. The large tires with 10psi help to absorb the bumps. The second version was done for Walmart. It uses 25mm tubing, rigid front fork, rear hydraulic disc brake, and a centrifugal clutch with an automatic chain tensioner. The third version, (Mega Max 212) was done for other mass retailers and was similar to the Walmart version but has front suspension. As for the 212cc Lifan engine, Lifan rates them at 7.5hp. Their earlier 212cc engines were rated at 7.0hp but Lifan came up with a new head design and a rating of 7.5hp. We used the 7.5hp engines in all of the 212's.
Getting back to the frame design, I made it so the tooling for the rigid rear design could be simply modified for a rear suspension model to be produced later possibly for non mass-retailer businesses. However, don't hold your breath for a rear suspension model.
Hello and welcome! Thank you for posting.

FYI: My original gearing for the 212 put the top speed at 58mph, 48T rear sprocket and no speed limiter in the CVT. The 212 pulled that speed easily on the street, but suffered some in hill climbing duties. So for production we went with a 53T rear for torque combined with a speed limiter to bring the top speed to about 33mph for licensing regulations in some states.
Is the speed limiter just a (removable) spacer in the driver?

oh then it wouldn't go any faster with me. how's the torque one it? like easily spin out?
Actually weight is a factor on the top speed. With more load, (a heavier rider), the CVT drive ratio may not reach the tallest ratio so the engine will hit peak revs but the top speed will be lower than with a lighter rider. Also, the low air pressure in the tires will allow for a significant change in the rolling circumference which would affect top speed. As for the 37 mph that Ron Dog achieves: Could be any number of reasons for the discrepancy with the "theoretical" speed of the design.

Actually weight is a factor on the top speed. With more load, (a heavier rider), the CVT drive ratio may not reach the tallest ratio so the engine will hit peak revs but the top speed will be lower than with a lighter rider. Also, the low air pressure in the tires will allow for a significant change in the rolling circumference which would affect top speed. As for the 37 mph that Ron Dog achieves: Could be any number of reasons for the discrepancy with the "theoretical" speed of the design.
oh cool.

Yes,it could also be inaccuracy in the cell phone GPS as well,but it seems to be pretty much spot on. I've also noticed mine seems to rev higher before engaging,but that may be belt wear?

When I get my pro series I would like to remove it. So my question is: is it ok to take the speed limiter spacer out? I do not want to break my cvt due to taking it out.