anyone here using an ebay andrie-x pipe?

andrei-x on eBay

i keep looking at these pipes. i know they're not "performance" but they are definitely "bad ass." i'm not going to be making any huge changes to my engine so i figure these should work fine. just wondering if OldMiniBikes has any experience or opinoins about these pipes.

really the only requirements they need to meet are 1. look cool 2. be loud 3. not burn my leg like the stock exhaust.

BWL

Yes, I used one on my Predator mud motor:
[video=youtube;AB4DV8_fab0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB4DV8_fab0[/video]

i've actually seen your video before. you seem very impressed with the quality. at the asking price of the pipes it seems like a safe bet. i like how he includes the extra harware. have you ever got the engine back upi and running? on a scale of prius to angry woman, how loud would you rate the pipe?

BWL

Let's see scale from Pruis to angry woman. I'd say it's like a flight of F-16s screaming at full afterburner to bomb bad guys in downtown Baghdad. I word a set of insert-type earplugs and external earmuffs.

I'm running a whole different motor now:
[video=youtube;VpLkucH32g4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpLkucH32g4[/video]

Daniel Coop

Yeah, I put one on my buddy's DB. Seems like a quality made pipe, but there's no options for a muffler. Some of these motors seem to run a little better with a little back pressure, and my buddy's Kohler was no exception. Seemed almost like it lost a little power although getting louder. His pipe didn't have the D-port in the flange/pipe transition either. My other 2 complaints with this particular pipe is no bracing or Support bracket options and I easily burned the f__k outta the inside of my leg on it, as did my buddy one of the first times he rode it. I don't think I would get another one, personally.

Coop, i was looking at that pipe too until i realized that's exactly where my leg went. i knew i'd wind up burning myself on it. i'm still running the stock exhaust but with the filters removed. it's constantly burning the back on my leg because it's right by the seat. i didn't think about not having any back pressure. that may affect my decision making process. i can't run an under-seat style exhaust. maybe a go kart exhaust will fit.

Harquebus

Burned yourself, hmm? Pffft. There's tons of heat shielding options on the interwebz up to and including this modular, universal segmented style--Universal Motorcycle Cover Exhaust Muffler Pipe Leg Protector Heat Shield Parts | eBay

Pipes are hot. :anon.sml:

I would expect brackets and support fittings to be up to the end user. The possibilities are endless in that regard; all kinds of 1" steel brackets out there in the plumbing or electrical parts world...

feel like i should clarify at this point that i'm looking at putting a pipe on my baja warrior. i don't really have room for an underseat with the rear fender on. the only pipes that look close are the pipes from andrie-x and the hotrod mini bikes site.

Harquebus

A pipe is a pipe is a pipe, electra boogaloo. I'm not even sure what style you're seeking.

I just received a plain jane header pipe from that other evilbay guy, JTW Fabrication. He has undercut Andrei x with $25.00 and free shipping. The build quality is better imo, although the inside doesn't have a chamfer on the inside of the flange.
I'd post pics but it appears just like the photos in the auction.

feel like i should clarify at this point that i'm looking at putting a pipe on my baja warrior. i don't really have room for an underseat with the rear fender on. the only pipes that look close are the pipes from andrie-x and the hotrod mini bikes site.
[MENTION=47323]OND[/MENTION] makes Warrior pipes when he has time. Give him a shout and see what he says...

Doug

thanks for the tip. i think i'll go with one of the jtw pipes. $25 will fit nicely in my budget. i think i'll put a lollipop baffle in to help with the back-pressure loss of a short open pipe.