Anyone running a TAV2-30 with a 6.5 clone?

I went to bolt this up and it's not looking good - Cyl head is in the way. If I clock it down it is lower than the engine - Any ideas? It has the aluminum mounting plate.

LK

You can make it work if you raise the engine, that is what I did. You can buy some aluminum flatbar on ebay, cut it to the size of your engine's foot and then drill the appropriate holes. Worked great. I do not use mine anymore because I switched to a cent. clutch. I have a modified 6.5HP motor and the engine was just too much for the TAV30, belt was slipping.

You can make it work if you raise the engine, that is what I did. You can buy some aluminum flatbar on ebay, cut it to the size of your engine's foot and then drill the appropriate holes. Worked great. I do not use mine anymore because I switched to a cent. clutch. I have a modified 6.5HP motor and the engine was just too much for the TAV30, belt was slipping.
How much did you raise it? Looks like I might need to mod the frame to get it to work. :grind: :(

LK

I had to notch the aluminum plate, remove part of the rear fender mount, then raise the motor plate up 3/4" to make mine work out good.:scooter: