arent mini bikes illegal to ride on public streets

I just like to pull out my bike and buzz up and down the street a couple times then put it back in the garage. I'm not trying to push my luck. The cops around here are mostly on the d**khead side if you know what I mean.:angry:
Yeah I used to live in a city called davis (near sacramento) And thats where the lady yelled at me and cussed. Its funny how in certain towns, everyone is super anal and in other towns (well, most towns) noone gives a rats asss.

And in some places the cops abuse there authority and think that theyre all special doing there job but they shouldnt be busting kids riding mini bikes. they should be busting meth labs, arresting crack addicts, and solving murders.
in most situations, cops are a joke.

Its funny how in certain towns, everyone is super anal and in other towns (well, most towns) noone gives a rats asss.
where i'm living now (well for another 3 weeks) people don't really care. when i've been riding around the neighborhood people just wave. people are always riding quads and dirt bikes around on the street too. the Sheriffs rarely patrol out here so it's not much of an issue. i get bored riding by myself really quick so i don't do many solo runs around here.

fletch

Yea, If we don't watch out for the law we will end up like The Land Down Under.With our toys going in dumpster's.We have alot of dirt road's around here to ride on, not to many people living close by to call the cops on us...

I like to ride to work when the weather is nice. It is also fun to ride to town in the evening for an ice cream. :smile:
HELL yeah.... I love to drive to town in the summer to the drive in, and sit there eating chili chese fries and and flirt with the HOTTY college chicks eye humping the bike :drool: that's one nice thing about the ole POS

I think it all depends on your local area. Some places are a lot more lenient than others. The west coast (Cali) is known for being a nanny state while my state (Alabama) still does not have an annul inspection. It all depends on the amount of tree huggers per capita.... I don't know if that is true but it sounds good! :wink:
Oh very, very true! Sweet home Alabama Huh? I :censure:ing hate cali! its way overrated, cops or no cops. I was born in southern cali, and raised in sacramento (northern) and its just a state of stuck up b itches! They can go hahahaha themselves in my opinion. Id rather be a redneck (no offense) and live in alabama!

And yes i am very opinionated about the people around me. well when it comes to minibikes!:smile:

edit: do not bypass the language filter.

- Strigoi

Last edited by a moderator:
as far as parking lots go, here in my smaller town in indiana we run karts on a closed down/torn down Chevrolet factory's fenced in parking lot that makes a sweet 1/5th mile flat oval, we've had our local police in there 1 time, not to harrass but just to tell us we could definitely ride there since the property value was assessed at 0 dollars and it has a sign that says "enter and park at your own risk" so thought that was pretty cool, granted we ain't out there at 3am either but for fun times and testing engine mods works for us :)

SpyGuy

Luckily, my neighborhood is fairly quiet, so no hassles there, and my friends and I can also usually go ride in a parking lot behind a local motorcycle shop. I guess it all depends on where you are and how cool/uncool the police/property owners are.

I have only run up and down the street once here, and no one complained, hell I only caught one person's attention, but that was an early Sunday morning when most people were still sleeping.. you just have to know WHEN to ride. Sometimes 2-3 in the morning is even better. When I rode in Alaska before I moved here I used to rip up and down the neighborhood all the time and no one gave me crap, although a buddy of mine ended up running from the cops in his Heathkit Boonie bike.. heh. He had just got the transmission fixed on it so he was gone.

The last place I went to was a HUGE dry lake bed outside of las vegas that everyone takes their dirt bikes and quads out to. Nice and flat for the most part, and miles and miles of space.

I'd suggest finding a place outside of town like that.

There is a kid on my street that will most likely be losing his little, slow chinese 2-stroke toy soon.

If it wasnt so loud most people wouldnt even notice him or care but this thing is very noisy and slow and he just keeps riding it up and down the street.....slowly. (full throttle but slowly :lol:)

Its not even close to being able to outrun a cop.....heck even a fat donut eating cop on foot will be able run this kid down.:lol:

Ohh man the weather is getting so nice around here that I just want to get our little bikes out and ride but I have so many more parts to buy for them still.

It has always been illegal. Even back in the early seventies when all the kids rode on the street you were takeing your chances. Most every kid had a story of getting busted. I even had to go appear at some juvy court over getting caught rideing on the side walk, in front of my house. It mostly depends on the cop. The one that caught me was a real jerk.:doah::doah: