At your own risk, Westside Ride Grand Rapids, MI

jeep4me

Looking for a few guys who are brave enough to join us and ride the westside of Grand Rapids, MI.

This is a "ride at you own risk of being caught by the police and possibly ticketed or have your mini bike hauled away to the impound" kind of ride.

Actually, it's not that big of a deal. But, the above scenario could actually happen.

I joined in last year and had a blast. We ride around the side streets of Grand Rapids for 30 minutes to an hour or so, making a few stops here and there to swap bikes with each other and then end up hanging out in someones garage for a bit.

There's an award that's handed out to the person who breaks down the most. Countstevula won it last year.

We're currently looking a Sept. 22 in the afternoon. I'll post a meeting spot as the day comes closer.

Yeah, yeah, you are getting that trophy this year my friend :devil2:
Seriously though, it's a good time and we had a variety of bikes there. Last year I had my manco big cat there. I will try to bring my T777 this year :scooter:

jeep4me

Sounds like fun. Debating on the Lil Indian or the Boonie. Jeep may want me to bring the Lil Indian.
Yeah, bring which ever one you want. I no longer have a boonie, if that's what you're worried about. I'm bringing my trail sport buffalo and the Powell.

I might bring a few parts to sell. Maybe just one box of stuff. So bring some cash to spend:thumbsup:

think i'm going to cry i use to live off Clyde park and 36 st i was so close to the fun. oh well i'll just have to scoot through my neighborhood, i do hope you all have fun though..

So should I drive The Beekeepers truck as a chase vehicle for gas, parts, tools and Hello Kitty Band-aids?

How fast can you toss a mini in a truck before the cops see you?! :laugh:

Kevin

Well I can drive Tom's truck and roughly follow you guys.
Then if there is an issue use cell phones to get me to where you are if you loose me.

Or you can send me ahead to look for the law .... someone will need an ear bug to hear me if I call unless you are badass enough to answer your cell on the fly!

That should allow the riding area to be increased so you can plan a bit better.
A ride to Johnson Park and on the drive would be cool or a ride down Butterworth St.
I'm sure someone knows the area better and could lay plans ....

Tom .... gather stuff you might need to put in the truck ... oh and because I don't use a cell phone I will need yours ... :wink:

So there you go ... put your heads together and come up with a plan ....

Kevin

Come to think of it, I have not seen the scenic drive at Johnson Park opened in a number of years, might be fun to explore that on minis, Yes, I will bring tools, fuel, and whatever we might need in the truck and have my brother run chase, block, or whatever the group decides..................Tom.

jeep4me

Not looking to have a full scale 20 mile ride. This is usually just a couple hours of hanging out, b.s.'ing and doing a few laps around some neighborhood streets. Not really looking to out run any police....might I remind everyone, it's a felony, in the state of Michigan, to flee from the police. I'd just as soon stop and try to talk my way out of a ticket or fine.

Westside police are usually pretty cool about this kind of stuff, so I don't want to ruin any future rides.:scooter:

Johnson Park is probably more in the Wyoming police department area. They are not very tolerant of minibikers and would just as soon ticket you then warn you.

I'm not a runner myself and would pull over when requested, just having some fun with the thread, hopefully the west side cops are cool because 10-15 minis even with mufflers will be noisey, looking foreward to the ride!!.......................Tom.