Baja Warrior Rebuild

im in simsbury, not sure how far that is from you. i do see that a fender bracket is cut off, i think my frame is alright if in the future i just buy new tubing and take precise measurements on the cut angles. thats a whole new rebuild, though.

for now it functions as a bike. you know, the hm100 wont even fit in the stock frame because the spark plug boot would only have about 1/8" of room above it. not enough to take off and take the plug out. so a mod there had to be done anyways

joekd

im in simsbury, not sure how far that is from you. i do see that a fender bracket is cut off, i think my frame is alright if in the future i just buy new tubing and take precise measurements on the cut angles. thats a whole new rebuild, though.
From my driveway to pepperoni's pizza which you said is near you, just over 20 miles

Very nice what does it top out at?
theoretically, slightly more than 37mph (because of overdrive). i need a straight away to take a GPS down to know for sure:thumbsup:
Nice. That has some power. Are you pulling hard up on the handle bars or is it that torquey?
honestly, i dont pull the bars at all, just sit at the middle-to-back of the seat. with the engine tuned properly (need to fine tune) it was working better than in the video, and pulled a nice wheelie with me sitting normal.
Too funny, I broke the chain on my warrior yesterday, mine was a new #40 though
i think the sprockets are made for 420 chain. the stock chain was 420, and the chain i have now was replaced in (september?). broke it the first day i went for a LONG ride (maybe 4-5 hours) and had to walk it to my friends house about 3 miles through trails and roads. :crying:

he had a spare link that we somehow got on with a hammer and it has not been touched since. until today i welded it to make sure it stays

it seems to be better if i take the wheel off to get the chain on and off so that i dont make it weaker by using a chain tool.

^^ The original eh, actually looks nice... I supose if I cleaned mine up it would look about the same! Mine has a nice outer coating of mud/rock/oil/swill... hehe...

^^ The original eh, actually looks nice... I supose if I cleaned mine up it would look about the same! Mine has a nice outer coating of mud/rock/oil/swill... hehe...
that means you ride it! :thumbsup:

build the bike, make it nice, dont worry too much about detailed cosmetics. then go ride through a mud pit, its fun to abuse them!

id rather have a tough tank of a bike that has battle wounds on it than a nice shiny show bike that never gets ridden

Been quite, blue. Any updates? :confused:

Paul
i crashed and died.. kidding. not yet.

well its january and sure its been warmer than usual but most of the days have been below freezing and ive been busy doing other stuff. i did go outside today, it was like 35 degrees.

heres a start up. ive tuned it much better. second video soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl40EjB78Ac

this has been another project, it was free. removed the good kohler and put an old briggs in to beat up.

this is a Rugg tractor that was free also, had a ancient 7hp tecumseh

this is an '83 sears lt1036 that i put the kohler into, but dont have a recent pic up yet.