Bearkat Twister motor mount bushings?

TomO

I am starting a restore project, I need to replace the rubber bushings connecting the motor plate to the frame.
Does anybody know of a website or seller that carries these?
I figure they must be a automotive leaf spring shackle bushing, but for what vehicle?

TIA

I am starting a restore project, I need to replace the rubber bushings connecting the motor plate to the frame.
Does anybody know of a website or seller that carries these?
I figure they must be a automotive leaf spring shackle bushing, but for what vehicle?

TIA
Did you ever find a set of bushings for the bearkat? And how the hell did you get the old ones out and the new ones in? It looks like some cutting and welding is needed...

Fourtogo

I believe these isolator mounts could have been done two ways . Mounts assembled to the engine plate . Then welded in quickly on two of frame mounts after welding the first two and cooled quickly. Or all welding was done at motor plate assembled. then frame was assembled after the welding was done on motor plate assembly. I believe the latter was the case , as manufacturer most likely thought these minis will be junk before the mounts rot out .

old shed finds

I think I found the bushings! Ordered a set and I'll update the thread once I receive them...

As for installing them, I don't want to cut or weld anything, I think if I grease them up a bit, I'll be able to slide them into the mounts.

https://www.truckspring.com/products/Leaf-Spring-Bushing-Harris-Ford__HB-396.aspx
Had one of these bikes and been here and done this.... I ended up lubing and sliding in cut off thick 5/8 automotive hose...still wasn't right but worked keep in touch on this project. .. In curious. .