Bebe Has No Spark

don't take this as insulting, but, are you using a fresh plug? did you try a new one other than the one that is not yielding spark for you?

might have shorted out the coil during the rebuild? I did this on a TX-50 tomos when I was kicking it over once and had the wires touching the frame by accdent.

The points are opening and closing I checked the ground to the coil and even ran another wire to the block,and still no spark.Is there any way to check the hot wire to the coil for voltage?

Thanks again

markus

I cant get to the bebe till saturday, but here are a few things to look at, check out. Some of the italian bikes use the taillight bulb sort of as a fuse. if the talilight is blown or not in to complete the curcut-no go. Its a goofy setup, The benelli's are like that. I'm unsure if the motobeta is like that or not.

I would also go over the wiring harness, make sure the ground did not get put into the wrong position or something like that when you put it back together up on the CEV switch. I dug out the info I had on the moto betas here in my office but they are just large breakdown posters with no info on the wiring harness :confused:

If the points are hazed they might not make contact, try sanding/filing them and reseting the gap.

If you have no luck soon, let me know and I can dig mine out during the weekend to compare wiring etc. if needed.

...Some of the italian bikes use the taillight bulb sort of as a fuse. if the talilight is blown or not in to complete the curcut-no go. Its a goofy setup, The benelli's are like that...
That's so funny, but true. :laugh: If it won't spark, check the tail light bulb. :thumbsup:

is the plug wire the same as it always had? i had one i had to move the
sometimes,then it would fire,good luck wk. P:S: hope its someting simple!

I.m going to trie the tail light thing but I'm pretty shure I didn't wire it up like that the way I wired it was there were three wires coming out of the motor 1-blue 1-red 1-black I think I used the red wire for the pos-coil the red wire for the lights and the black for ground. I'm going to get A tester tonight does any onr know what kind of voltage I should have to the pos. trminal or the coil when kicking over the motor?

Thanks alot for all your help!!!

I hade this problem with an outboard ended up replaceing all of the electrical coponents on the motor ($375) for what turned out to be A $50 fix

I checked everything I could think of put it back together and for some reason it fired up just long enought to go through the gears on the kick stand it really sounds good but it stopped running and now it's got no fire again,I'm pretty shure it's wired rite or it probably wouln't have ran at all.

george3

one of the wires that you just messed with has a short in the term. or broken in line someware or the term. that the wire is on is shorted or the ground is not grounding.

Ok I did some more testing found problems with the wireing ,I got it running now but I think I burned up the lighting coil witch I can get from domi.The old be be realy sounds good.
Thank you all for your help I realy appreciate it!!!