Best Carb for my mild modified 212cc hemi predator engine ?

I have 22lb springs , billet flywheel , arc rod , mod2 cam , no govenor would like to know yalls opinions on what carb i should go with . I was thinking of going with the pz27 what do yall think is best for me ?

CarPlayLB

I am not a fan of the "bigger is better" when it comes to carbs. I think a 22mm carb is plenty for that engine. I like to keep intake velocity up. The larger carb will be great when turning 9000 rpm's, but down low and in the middle it is not the best choice for you!

Just my opinion

I am not a fan of the "bigger is better" when it comes to carbs. I think a 22mm carb is plenty for that engine. I like to keep intake velocity up. The larger carb will be great when turning 9000 rpm's, but down low and in the middle it is not the best choice for you!

Just my opinion
would a restrictor plate help with velocity? i kinda ordered the carb before i did any research. shot myself in the foot i know but hey....maybe now im just gonna have to build the engine up

I went with the chikuni 22mm and can only get the idle to run smooth around 2100+ and would prefer it to be around 1750-1900 (maybe its not designed for an idle that low??). Let us know how the pz27 works out for you.

I went with the chikuni 22mm and can only get the idle to run smooth around 2100+ and would prefer it to be around 1750-1900 (maybe its not designed for an idle that low??). Let us know how the pz27 works out for you.
Agreed, I have the same carb and need to keep adjusting it to get a 1800 idle. Seems fine and then goes all over the place.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

would a restrictor plate help with velocity? i kinda ordered the carb before i did any research. shot myself in the foot i know but hey....maybe now im just gonna have to build the engine up
Id make returning the carb your #1 priority. So pretty much everyone agrees that the 22mm carb is the way to go on the gx200/predator 212. If you are doing an open build (you know the ones where you have a race kart that ONLY runs at 5-9k rpm, then the 27/28mm carbs would be good for ONLY high rpms, usually in conjunction with a race head with oversize valves and other supporting modifications. These engines will make power only in the upper mid and high range, which is good for racing at relatively constant mid/high rpms, but mini bikes are different.

Think of it this way. You want a strong vacuum signal to get optimum mixing of gas at the venturi. You basically destroy that by going too big. If you stick with that carb, you will have a crappy experience during 90% of the time you ride the bike (which is starting, stopping, and going anywhere under 50 mph). Killing low end torque. Just my 2 cents. The max id go would be a 24mm flatslide.

Last edited: