Beware of thewaltmans111 on Ebay

I bid on 3 minibike tires and 2 rims and was the winning bidder @ 99cents with 15 dollars shipping, great deal only thewaltmans111 canceled the transaction citing 43dollars shipping as the reason saying they miscalculated shipping costs,:censure I denied the cancellation request and was still refunded by paypal! That is resolution? OK The real reason thewaltmans111 in my opinion was they miscalculated how little bidding would in fact take place and wont accept 99cents as the winning bid! I think that is why we can put a reserve on our items on Ebay so we dont have to accept low bids! Ebay is not very good at policing thier sight and since most sellers wont ship a complete minibike and most everything else is available elsewhere well not everything I am taking a break from doing buisness on Ebay!

find sellers that don't suck then. it's not Ebay's fault that there are people like that that sell on there. it's douche bag members that make people have bad experiences.

check out my feedback (can get to it under the Ebay link on the left of this post). that's the kind of shit you want to see as a buyer. you just need to find the right kind of sellers and Ebay can be a great place to get deals on shit.

I thought you were an ass when I firs saw your threads hacking on some guys but your alright! I realized it was your job to speak your mind and keep folks in check! You're right I have gotten some slammin deals on Ebay and assholes are gonna rear thier hemorroids from time to time! I was havin a bad day anyway then the little schoolboy picked up his marbles and left the playground! Allright then.....

125ccCrazy

I bid on 3 minibike tires and 2 rims and was the winning bidder @ 99cents with 15 dollars shipping, great deal only thewaltmans111 canceled the transaction citing 43dollars shipping as the reason saying they miscalculated shipping costs,:censure I denied the cancellation request and was still refunded by paypal! That is resolution? OK The real reason thewaltmans111 in my opinion was they miscalculated how little bidding would in fact take place and wont accept 99cents as the winning bid! I think that is why we can put a reserve on our items on Ebay so we dont have to accept low bids! Ebay is not very good at policing thier sight and since most sellers wont ship a complete minibike and most everything else is available elsewhere well not everything I am taking a break from doing buisness on Ebay!
I have to agree with you, there is another seller on there that sells the torque thrust wheels, he had an opening bid of .99, the auction was about to end and he cancelled my bid so I emailed him, he told me it didn't meet his reserve price... he never placed a reserve as the cheap bas:censure:d didn't want to pay the additional ebay fee.... I been dealing on ebay for almost 11 years with almost 900 positive 100% feedback, I don't like all the fees involved but thats how it works, if a seller can't abide by the rules then they shouldn't be on there, NO Exceptions!!!... I also agree ebay doesn't police thier rules very well, I have seen sellers with dozens of negative feedbacks and still selling, when I see that I tend to start looking elsewhere and not take the chance dealing with them..

I notice that a lot lately what 125cc said about people canceling there auction just before it over because they must not have gotten what they wanted for it, and a week later they re-list it with a higher starting price, I think there just too cheap to pay for the higher listing fee from the start, and they are the same people the put one crappy picture of the item and won,t pay the 15 cents to put a couple more on there. But i think these people don,t under stand is there going to get more money for the item most the time than trying to sell locally, even after ebay/paypal fees are paid. Only time ebay enforces anything is when you use "not" for a item or "like new" and they jump all over that and cancel your listing.

iam pretty new to selling on ebay but from jan 1st to 15 i have sold 480 dollors worth of computer parts and soon to be another 200. its just like running a real store you have to treat your customers with respect.

I had a Pontiac Ventura cancelled within minutes of listing it a couple of years ago, for putting not Nova in the title. Out of curiosity, I searched not and found something like 11000 listings with not in the title. Things like Custom built chopper not Harley. Not this not that were all over. They may have gotten stricter since then, but at that time Not was all over. I think they're kind of selective with it. If they stand to make big money, Not may be OK, but if it's a parts car or some small item, it's gone. I've had good and bad experiences on there, buying and selling, but that one pretty much ended my selling on there. I tried "not a few more times and still found them, but haven't tried since. Even had a scammer buy a Triumph chopper with Buy It Now, after deleting 10 or more of their form letter questions daily. I reported that one and got another 7 day listing free, and they dropped the final value fee. It started being more trouble than it was worth. a while back I used Ask Seller A Question to tell a guy where to find #s on a clinton engine. The next day I got an email thanking me, but in the email it said it was sent to the seller. The next day I got one from eBay saying I got a response that was fraudulant or fraudulent, whichever. I kind of guessed that, since I knew my own name, and it was not the one in the email.:wink: If they can find that, I've always wondered why they can't prevent it.

My feedback is perfect. In my opinion they do not protect the seller as much as the buyer. I sell vintage RC stuff from time to time. I had a very nice Marui Big Bear listed and described it very well. It had a picture from every angle showing every detail and the few flaws. I think it sold for $125 plus shipping. I sent it right out UPs and in 5 days I get a Paypal dispute. "Item does not match description." I tried to contact the buyer with no luck. So, I disputed with Paypal. I explained the item was listed correctly, and there were numerous pictures and I could rpovide them as a defense. The buyer wa trying to say it was broken and the tires were flat. We went through the waiting period and they sided with him LOL. All that he had to do was respond and he didn't so they unfroze the money in my account and he got nothing LOL. I think he got in trouble with his wife for spending too much money.

HAHAHAHA! People getting pissed lof at ebay make me laugh. Its not ebays fault(well sometimes it is). Its the seller and buyers fault. And guess what, people are scumbags everywhere. There are MANY business's that people wont return to due to terrible policies and asshole managers. i dont understand why people think ebay is something different. Your going to have propblems with people everywhere, its not just ebay.

richs

I have a friend that sells alot on ebay he sold a car part for like 400.00 and a week later the buyer complained said it wasent what it was saposed to be so pay pal froze his account they ended up siding with the buyer and gave him his money back but my buddie never got the part back so the buyer got to keep the part an and his money and pay pal or ebay wouldnt copromize so my friend wont take pay pal any more wether it was ebay or pay pals falt who knows but thats a f:censure:ed up cenario:drinkup:

Umm i dont think it happened quite like that. I sell on ebay ALOT. Once you have 15 positive ratings they dont freeze your account like that. If they buyer didnt like it then a refund should have been issued as soon as the part was returned.

125ccCrazy

I have a friend that sells alot on ebay he sold a car part for like 400.00 and a week later the buyer complained said it wasent what it was saposed to be so pay pal froze his account they ended up siding with the buyer and gave him his money back but my buddie never got the part back so the buyer got to keep the part an and his money and pay pal or ebay wouldnt copromize so my friend wont take pay pal any more whether it was ebay or pay pals fault who knows but thats a f:censure:ed up cenario:drinkup:
I can believe that since paypal and ebay are under the same ownership from what I understand.... The seller has to prove his case without a shadow of a doubt and the buyer just has to cry Wolf, thats why when I sell something I describe it as best as posible and also put a notation to ask ANY questions before buying , make sure it's what you want as it is Sold AS IS....
No Returns..

I buy stuff on ebay. I dont sell anything though because I dont want to put up with peoples crap. I have sold motorcycles on craigslist. I wont sell a bunch of 5 or 30 dollar items like I know some people do.......I will give that stuff away so I dont have to deal with the nut job people out there.:mad2:

i sell mostly old rusty jeep parts i get from the junk yard. A couple weeks ago i sold 16 things and made about 900.$ you just gotta know whats selling for alot at any given time. but i did have one guy complain because i had the part sitting around for so long i forgot what it came from and listed it wrong :doah: that doesnt often happen though