big bear scrambler info wanted

hey guys this is my first post . i have a question when did they (go kart mfg co ) start calling the go kart cycle a big bear scrambler ? i have one and not sure witch one it is i bought it from original owner in early 90s he said he got it in 1960 from the manufacture . can anyone help :smile::

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? :shrug: I wanna know too. :tongue: I see the pics but don't see a year on either...what year? :shrug: HEY!!!! I have one of those steel mesh Clinton air cleaners, as pictured on the lower Kartcycle dude if anyone needs one.

That Karting World Mini Test of the Big Bear Scrambler is exactly the one I saw way back when. It convinced me to buy a Flexo. Thanks for posting the review. I remember is clearly.

thanks for the cool ads so are the go kart cycle and the big bear scrambler the same thing or is there a difference lets say 1960 witch one is it
Slingshot, In 1958 the "Go Kart Mfg. Co." was building go karts in Azusa California. Later that same year they started building little two wheeled machines that really didn't go by any particular name. Later in 1959 Rod and Custom magazine did an article and called them mini-cycles. The following year (1960) Rod and Custom did another article about the little bikes and they used the term "minibike" for the first time. Go Kart Mfg. Co. had two models. Their basic model the Enduro Greenhorn used a Clinton A400 motor and their deluxe model the Big Bear Scrambler used a West Bend 580 motor. At that time the West Bend 580 was considered to be the meanest and most bad-assed motor you could get. Ogy