Biggest spider i have ever seen!!!

Wow that appears to be a very large spider you caught. I have never been a fan of spiders nor do I plan on. I am fine with all other species of animals but not spiders. Whenever I decide to work on one of my old flat head engines, that's been sitting on the ground for awhile, I always make sure to check over the engine for any living or dead organisms. It's amazing what can be underneath the blower housing.I have found a variety of insects, Black Widow spiders, and rat nests.

I had a scorpion for a couple of years (well, still have, it's just floating in IPA now). I went to feed it one night and I found a decent size wolf spider (2"+ with the legs) hanging out on the wall behind the heat lamp for it. I wasn't going to bed with it in my room so I tried to kill it. It ended up in my closet and my roommate and I spent the next hour and a half trying to find that hahahahaer. We finally killed it and I could sort of sleep.

We have 2 cats where I live now and I've seen maybe 20 spiders in my 2+ years of living here that are even worth killing (unless they're tiny which don't count). The cats do a damn good job at keeping them under control. One of the cats love killing mosquito eaters (crane flies) so I'll let some of them into the house sometimes just to entertain him. :laugh:

saw this picture and thought of this thread!..How would you like this thing looking back at you?.. we used to find these floating in our fish pond. not even the gold fish would eat these things.. scary looking but harmless

Not a big fan of spiders by any means, but I usually won't mess with those wolf spiders. I know they're not a threat, so I just leave em be. On the other hand, here in Ohio, the Brown Recluse is a pretty common spider. If you see a brown spider about the size of a quarter, and his back has the marking that looks like the body of a fiddle, get to stomping. They're very poisonous, and unlike say, a black widow, their venom is flesh eating. Google images for brown recluse spider bite( have a trash can handy, cause it will make you sick!):thumbsup:

Well, any chance of me getting any sleep tonight are now gone.

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the corner wearing boots and holding my BFH.:laugh::laugh:

Neck

Growing up is optional
I have reoccurring dreams (if you can call them dreams) of seeing a Black Widow coming down at me on the bed from the ceiling. I find myself getting out of bed turning the lights on while I'm still asleep, and waking up after the lights are on, and then realizing I was dreaming. Funny thing is, I have no fear of spiders. Maybe I need a shrink, I know it makes my wife crazy when I do it!

:eek:hmy: GOOD LORD DUDE YOU"RE RIGHT :eek:hmy:

Yeah, not real dangerous.. :mellow:

BUT :censure: YOU GOT THE BIGGEST WOLF SPIDER EVER!! :eek:hmy:

I had one in a terrarium for a while as a kid.. They spin the little cocoon looking nesty looking LITTLE dense webs.. Like a little fortress they hide inside of, then come out to catch whatever they're gonna.... I'd throw a fly or something in there...

EVERY time FIRST THING!! that spider would do is RUN OVER to it, SNATCH it in it's front hands, then JAM his teeth RIGHT INTO the flys eyeballs....

Junebugs eyeballs

Polar Bears eyeballs....

No matter WHAT ya give it...

RUN out there, snatch it up.. BAM!!!!! RIGHT to the eyeballs... EVERY time... :laugh: and ya go DAMN :eek:hmy: Thats like the finisher move there... Right from the word GO!!

Then suck it's juice out and go hide back in it's cave..

CRAZY ass creatures.. Pretty harmless, as long as your not a fly.. :hang:

WrenchDad

We have those in Pa. also I saw one about three days ago trying to harass our duck. The spider lost. Serves him right what did he think he was going to do with a six pound duck.
Shifty little bugtard!!!

I once sat in on a seminar presented by a Ph D. from the Vet school of M.S.U. I don't care for arachnids either but because of my healthy respect for them, everything I learned from him stuck with me.
ALL spyders are poisonous, even grandaddy longlegs. It's how they subdue their lunch. Some are just more poisonous than others. Some can paralize their prey so they can wrap them up in silk and keep them alive until lunch time.
The females are larger and seek out smaller males for mating. Once they've done the deed, she eats him. It's kind of a one shot deal for him, but if you gotta go........
Their web can be pulled from their butt. It's really a liquod that turns to silk when it hits the air. That's why they can drop so fast. To climb back up a single strand of web, they must consume the web, therefore much slower.
End of class. Quiz tomorrow.