Bird Zapper

Fat Boy

Never seen one until the Zapper in the What Is It popped up the other day and I commented it would be nice to have one in the Bird Section of my bikes . One came up for sale a few miles away Monday and I went to look at it and I now have one in the Bird Section . It is in nice condition except the chrome on the rear fender is flaked off and it is missing the front fender , motor and torque but the kickstand is there :thumbsup:. I put the chrome gas tank on my Bird Terra Torque :thumbsup and this will get a painted tank . Nice little bike for less money than the kickstand is worth :laugh:

Funny how that works. We get "breakouts" of an obscure or rare bike here from time to time then a few more appear or we never see another like em.:eek:ut: Good score.:thumbsup:

Fat Boy

Funny how that works. We get "breakouts" of an obscure or rare bike here from time to time then a few more appear or we never see another like em.:eek:ut: Good score.:thumbsup:

It is funny how that works . I thought it would be a nice bike to have with my Bird NightHawk and this shows up on Craigslist about 30 miles away a few days later :shrug: . I wish I had a fender for the front .

Seeing your posts makes me want to talk to the owner of the one I posted.
Don't want to seem too anxious.
He comes into my shop and is always wanting a bunch of nothing.
Sometimes that nothing can be good leverage..

Don't let it slip away I have never seen another one like it . I was looking at it today and it is different from any of the other Birds I have had . Most Birds have a scrub brake and I really like the foot operated drum brake this has on it .
I just packed mine away in the shop with some of the other bikes as the weather is turning this weekend and snow in on the way . I am making a triple stack shelf system which will go to the rafters with a cable winch on a swinging arm mounted to the wall of the pole shed .

My zapper is pretty much complete other than it's missing, unfortunately, the front fender (sorry) , both wheels and the gas tank. I've been searching for the wheels for this thing for the better part of the last 10 years. Hard to believe that I can't find them considering they were made my own backyard.

JJ