Black Friday

Jeez, did any of you guys get out and shop this year???? It was a freaking mad house!!!!! We started off at Wally World to get the samsung xm20 so I can do you tube stuff and they were sold out before I even got to the back of the store!! Lots more people shopping the deals this year. Stood in line forever just to get it, oh well. I made my usual stop at Home Depot to get certain things and they were packed too!! Got a few things there and off to Tractor Supply! They had a auto dark welding helmet for 59.99 40% off. I had to have it, so I drug my wife in with me to grab it. Here is the link, you might want to go and grab one if there's any left!!! Metal Man Variable Shade Auto Darkening Welding Helmet - 3004655 | Tractor Supply Company

I did however pic up a Polaroid hd digital camcorder for 140.00 at target. Had fun but not as much as years past. The big corps weren't giving up very good deals this year. I had a feeling this year was going to be crazier then the last few years. Got my auto dark and my digi cam, so it wasn't all that bad.

Black friday..........whats black friday......:lol:

We didnt even bother this year since every penny (limited pennies at that) we get goes into the house to make it liveable.

My wife made thanksgiving dinner today and I worked around the house for the most part.
So far it has been a good thanksiving even if we didnt get a killer black friday deal.

I have went out in years past but if you dont camp out in front of the store the night before you just wont get the super doorbuster deals.

The auto-darkening helmets are great I love mine.

if it's not food, beer or cigarettes i usually buy online. dealing with the general public in stores makes me want to stab myself in the face.

For the most part this year was bad due to all the job losses. Most people in years past would just skip the whole Black Friday thing. Too much crap and little savings " if you make over 100,000 a year". This year all the people who have lost there jobs where scrounging for the deals. I have never seen any of the places I have gone to this packed. I usually get what I came for, this year I had to improvise. Team Cheap, I know how you feel about making the house livable. I am there, long story but, we have the dough in savings and are waiting till a good freeze to solve the problem. Needless to say FHA and the inspector missed some shit and now were 20,000 in the hole. Well thats what it would cost if a contractor did the work :wink: I am doing the shit myself with the help of a few friends:smile:

I would love to have gotten a new desktop computer but I just cant spend the cash right now as we just dont have it.I'd rather buy some steel and make a mini anyway but I'm still on hold for now.

The wife and I are doing most of the work and have the kitchen left to put back together, after that the rest is just small stuff for awhile.

Man, I got a lot of work a head of me. We bought a fixer upper, so we thought. Instead we bought a bulldoze and re-builder. It happens to the best of us. Right now, I'm taking a long over due brake for myself and my wife is doing the same :wink: It gets monotonous at times.

Oldsalt

if it's not food, beer or cigarettes i usually buy online. dealing with the general public in stores makes me want to stab myself in the face.
Amen. I can't bring myself to park my car amoung all them socker mom SUVs a quarter mile from the entrance, walk past the fosselized french fries, McDonalds wrappers, and poorly disguised Pampers on the blacktop, and into a madhouse. Can't listen to the inane canned music and step over the items that have been thrown on the floor in every isle. I hate watching out of control children and, worse, parents that obviously shouldn't own a bowl of goldfish let alone raise children. So I don't do it.

The bright side is that I can depend on my daughtor in law to do my holiday shopping.

Amen. I can't bring myself to park my car amoung all them socker mom SUVs a quarter mile from the entrance, walk past the fosselized french fries, McDonalds wrappers, and poorly disguised Pampers on the blacktop, and into a madhouse. Can't listen to the inane canned music and step over the items that have been thrown on the floor in every isle. I hate watching out of control children and, worse, parents that obviously shouldn't own a bowl of goldfish let alone raise children. So I don't do it.

The bright side is that I can depend on my daughtor in law to do my holiday shopping.
Thank God it ain't that bad here yet. I keep my ears closed and eyes peeled and focus on the kill............. If I miss the target well, I guess I'm eating crow :hammer:

People come from an hour away to shop at the walmart in my town. the place is insane at all hours. you can go at 3 in the morning at it will be just as crowded as usual they practicly need a double decker parking lot! They are building another one down the road a piece so hopefully that will ease the congestion on the parkway. Whats funny is my grandmother works at a walmart and she says they really dont have many sales but the crowds still come on black friday. Not me i do all my shopping at garys-u-pull-it lol

The black friday deals are not as good as they used to be it seems and I think you can find decent deals around this time of year if you just keep looking.
Typically what walmart will do is open a store and use it for several years until their tax break ends and then open another store in the next city and close the other store.

I seen this happen right here in auburn hills then they moved down the road to rochester hills.They did go from a regular walmart to a supercenter so I wonder if they'll keep it open for a long time and meijers just built next to it.

It's just another way they keep the prices down on their chinese products.
(I wonder who takes on that tax burden those first few years they are open...Hmmm)

My birthday was 2 days ago on the 30th. On friday i went to the mall to get a new phone. new blackberry to be exact. The mall and trafic going there was no different then any normal day. The guy at the Sprint booth said he was there before the mall even opend to the public. He told me that he had one customer between 5am(open) and 10am. Thats crazy considering it was black friday. I wonder why it wasnt crazy at my mall, it has been in years past.

65ShelbyClone

Around here, being on the road on Black Friday is typically akin to being on the road on New Year's Eve; you're talking your life in your hands. That's in addition to dealing with all the stupid, retarded, and/or mindless people on foot in and around retail centers. I feel my sanity slipping in situations like that, so I just skip the whole BF thing. The "deals" aren't usually worth the hassle and I'm not about to be forced to stand in line and wait to give my money away.

I saw news footage Thanksgiving evening of people camping outside a Best Buy.....in tents. Seeing that, I can't help but wonder what kind of society we have created where people are that desperate to guy things they don't need.

Oldsalt

Maybe camping outside Best Buy is the only exciteing thing that they get to do. Shopping for and buying things, even if they don't need them, is a big thrill I guess. Can't imagine having such a boring life that I'd resort to such stupidity.

I had a great Thanksgiving. I love Thanksgiving, and this is the only time I can recall where we've been apart. My wife went to Seattle to spend the weekend w/our oldest kid and they rode the hydrofoil to Victoria, BC. Kid #2 spent the holiday w/his girlfriend's family.

My buddy and I drove down to California and rode the Barstow-to-Vegas dual sport event on Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend w/about 400 other guys. Great fun! The terrain was sure different from what we have here in the NW. The course was long, a bit less than 300 miles one-way (155 by freeway), with appx 30 miles of pavement. We didn't have a support crew, left our pickup in Barstow, so we got to ride back on Sunday. My butt was sore! There's a thrill in having a license plate on your dirt bike - it just seems like you're getting away with something.

65ShelbyClone

Of course you got monkey butt, you were on a Kaboom, eh, I mean KTM. :biggrin: You don't by chance hang around on Thumper Talk, do you?

I wanted to do the LA-B-V ride, but my 600 has no plate. Most any rider in CA also knows that dirtbikes can't be plated here anymore. :frown: I figure I'll pick up an XL600 or 650L in the future or maybe a plated 650R if I can find one.

...You don't by chance hang around on Thumper Talk, do you?
Occasionally. I'll usually post when I've made a new video. I like Adventure Rider, Flattrack.com and Supermoto Junkie, too.

I wanted to do the LA-B-V ride, but my 600 has no plate. Most any rider in CA also knows that dirtbikes can't be plated here anymore. :frown:...
Oregon used to be pretty easy about it, but they're getting tighter.