Bonanza BC 1000

The motor gets a fresh coat of duplicolor "ceramic white" 500 degree engine paint. I know I could be less lazy and remove all the head bolts. but at least I removed the spark plug and covered the wire and carb...lol

I like the color but now I gotta find a color for the frame that will flow...

What do you think about "burnt copper metal flake"
Jim!:smile: I like that ceramic white! Looks good!:thumbsup: The burnt copper metal flake would go good with that!:wink:

thanx Paolo, I really need to investigate a little further on the paint colors, I wonder how well the actual colors match the caps on those duplicolor rattle cans??? I know I could buy a couple of testcans but seems like a waste of money to me, especially if I need a part for the bike and there's 20 bucks worth of slightly used paint sitting on the bench...:cursing:

thanx Paolo, I really need to investigate a little further on the paint colors, I wonder how well the actual colors match the caps on those duplicolor rattle cans??? I know I could buy a couple of testcans but seems like a waste of money to me, especially if I need a part for the bike and there's 20 bucks worth of slightly used paint sitting on the bench...:cursing:
Jim!:smile: In my experience...the actual color once sprayed on is 1 shade lighter than the cap color!:wink:

I hate "cliff hangers". I expected to scroll down to the bottom of the page and see a freshly painted minibike. Oh well, I'll just stay tuned to this same station and wait for the next episode :smile:. The engine and primed parts look real good. Tim.

I hate "cliff hangers". I expected to scroll down to the bottom of the page and see a freshly painted minibike. Oh well, I'll just stay tuned to this same station and wait for the next episode :smile:. The engine and primed parts look real good. Tim.
It's like right before the final episode of "Dallas" right? ha ha Thanx for tuning in... ok, so I painted the frame today, it got about 5 light coates 10 minutes or so apart then 1/2 hour dry time for 3 coats of clear... ohhhh, I was unable to get the remaining parts painted because the retailer only carried two cans of each color and I had to order more for a afternoon delivery... I will post pictures when it all is covered, the frame is done. What color you ask? stay tuned until tomorrow.:eek:ut:

paint is dry

ok...... 2 days later:shrug:
ok, here she is...didn't want to handle anything until a day or so after the clear coat. I painted the frame, forks,fan shroud,gas tank ,gas cap and air cleaner housing / cover all the same... Metalic Pewter. the engine and pull cord cover is ceramic white. here are some pics. it will be in this stage for at least another week so that it can cure, I don't wanna chip paint from putting her together too soon. I will update then. let me know what you think.

Last edited:

edwin

ok, here she is...didn't want to handle anything until a day or so after the clear coat. I painted the frame, forks,fan shroud,gas tank ,gas cap and air cleaner housing / cover all the same... Metalic Pewter. the engine and pull cord cover is ceramic white. here are some pics. it will be in this stage for at least another week so that it can cure, I don't wanna chip paint from putting her together too soon. I will update then. let me know what you think.
!WOW! love it cant wait to see her all toghether! that finish is awesom looking on the frame!

I know it's been only a few days but I had to put something together. I promise I'll be careful, so I put the air cleaner cover,gas tank, fan shroud and pulley cover on...I had to remove the white and re paint the recoil yesterday because the paint bubbled for some reason...anyhow, I managed it all on without a scratch or chip... here's the motor

good progress today from a budgetary standpoint... I sold the taco 22 and freed up the mini bike finances. I ordered a new "scooterboy" rear sprocket,brake drum,chain,cables,bearings bushings thru OldMiniBikes. bought nos generals 530 x6 fatty's on ebay from frank and Kenny just got my money for a seat....now I just gotta sit back and wait for it to come rolling in, the paint should be nice and cured by then..

Last edited:
good progress today from a budgetary standpoint... I sold the taco 22 and freed up the mini bike finances. I ordered a new "scooterboy" rear sprocket,brake drum,chain,cables,bearings bushings thru OldMiniBikes. bought nos generals 530 x6 fatty's on ebay from frank and Kenny just got my money for a seat....now I just gotta sit back and wait for it to come rolling in, the paint should be nice and cured by then..
Discovered that one of my go power wheel halves had some damage where the two halves butt together on the inside thru where the bolt goes, long story short, I had to have aluminim stock turned down and welded where the other piece had broke, now I am able to tighten the halves together.
My Dad provided the 616 alum stock piece and my welding instructor at the college welded it for me. I brought a piping hot pizza to show my appreciation, total cost for repair was $5.00 (Little Ceasars large pizza) I re riveted the Bonanza badge and put the forks back on. I used blue masking tape around all the contact areas and sustained no paint damage. Here are a few pix, oh yeah, and Painted the chain adjusters and polished the folding pegs (on the work bench)