Bonanza brake help

MCF2891

I need some help with some ideas as to how I can mount my brake cable to my BC1100. I was doing some research and there should be little tab somewhere on the frame and there isn’t anyon either side unless someone cut it off. Was hoping some could help me out with some ideas as to how I can mount my brake cable. Thank you in advance! 707BC624-1E8A-41F7-9920-A3982AD526D6.jpeg 34D9636D-30EF-4623-AB40-E84C98EDE086.jpeg D65A22C4-D7EB-4FC0-92E2-F2D903E02ED1.jpeg 4C90305B-9998-4BEA-A33C-67CCA7B99E8D.jpeg

capguncowboy

The cable stop should be on the left side of the frame, on the rear tube going up towards the seat, just below the fender mount. I might have some pictures of the one that was on mine. It looked like a pretty good design and I see no reason to stay from it. You might be able to add one to your bike on the opposite side.

The stock Bonanzas are untapped. The nuts hold the cable. Tapped is better Dave :cool:
I don't have no bananas. That tap saves the cost of purchasing a .29 cent jam nut! :) I tap mine, because I can then turn and get precise adjustments without a jam nut digging up my paint. One day, I will stop tapping those though. I can feel it. ;)

MCF2891

I just make those tabs, drill them, and tap with 1/4-28. OldMiniBikes sells them untapped. You do have to weld them on to the frame of course.
I just found the tabs and ordered a couple on OldMiniBikes. Hopefully my dads friend still has his welder and he’ll let me barrow it.

markus

Bonanza had a couple different ways they attached the brake cable to the frame heres how mine is on my 1100
Anyone know if the change from the tubing to the tab was done when they went to mid peg on the hardtails or did they change to the tab when they updated to tabs and Bendix brakes on the swingarm bikes instead of the tubing for '67???