Bonanza MX fork lowers

Still have them? My forks were made into hardnose forks before I bought the frame. Do I need anything else besides springs? How muchshould I expect to pay for whatever else is needed to mount them into my fork bars?

Still have them? My forks were made into hardnose forks before I bought the frame. Do I need anything else besides springs? How muchshould I expect to pay for whatever else is needed to mount them into my fork bars?
Yep, still have them. You should need just the springs and the spring plugs that fit on each end of the springs. I don't know how much you can find them for:shrug:

In a spur of the moment spasm, I ordered the chrome reproductions from OldMiniBikes. I liked the idea of the chrome plating: Much like a one year-old baby or a hungry bass, I was attracted to the shiny. Sorry BEO.

At the risk of being out of place by asking this question, and considering your motto, "It's easy...", and the fact that I should have bought yours and saved myself some cash, is the installation pretty straight forward and doable by a dork like me?

I'm operating under the assumption that mine is a BC? The photo I'm including was when I was fabricating and installing a swing arm since the frame had been castrated into a hard tail and hard nose. I have since installed the swing arm and it
works well.

george3

I'm operating under the assumption that mine is a BC? The photo I'm including was when I was fabricating and installing a swing arm since the frame had been castrated into a hard tail and hard nose. I have since installed the swing arm and it
works well.
What is the 1/4 steel for on the swing arm?

When I bought the frame in November, a prior owner had cut off the swing arm and welded the last 6 inches to the up tubes. I bought some 3/8 flat steel that I welded to the remaining ends of the swing arm and to some cold steel tubing with a pivot rod inside. Here is what it looks like now after I welded it, installed the shocks, etc.

works well.
BC's have a 1 inch frame and MX's have a 7/8ths frame.

I just used an analog divider to measure my frame. The frame is 7/8ths. The forks however, are a shade over 1 inch. The first time I put a picture of this frame on the forum, those in the know said they were not the original forks. Even though there is a bonanza emblem on the fork plate, no one remembered seeing a mid peg with the forward swept handlebars, or something like that. One person guessed Trail Head. So, I guess I wait until they get here, cut off the pressed axle holes at the welds, and see if they fit. I appreciate your help BEO. Anything else you think of that a 60 year-old retread (I'm not really a newbie-I had a Taco 22 when I was 13 or 14-or 46 years ago) might need to know, would certainly be most helpful.