Bonanza MX - Got one!

Found a Bonanza last night. I am looking for any pics of the original brochures. I was wanting to know the difference between the 1410 and 1510? No motor with bike. Original tag is gone. Original 8" spinner wheels and Carlisle tires. Fenders look to be original as well. I will upload a pic when its available.
I do need a tank.
1. I understood there was a member who was making some tanks?
2. I have the original seat pan, but is there someone who can cover it with a correct fabric?

The 1410 had a Tecumseh engine and the 1510 had a Hodaka. If you look at the motor plate, you can probably tell what engine was in the bike. The hodaka had weird motor mounts that left some marks on the motor plate. And yes, I recover those seats. Contact by PM if interested. bigevilone2 makes the tanks.

it could of been a 1310, they didn't use the fiberglass gas tank. Post some pics. There may be some clues to tell what it was but you can make it into whatever one you want.

markus

some other "tells" can be leftover tabs on the bike, the jackshaft setup, and sprocket

For instance this MX I had picked up few years ago was a 1410, Its pretty obvious from the wear marks on the plate of course but note the exhaust mount tab on the left side shock mount, and the tab on the left jackshaft plate for chainguard. Also the jackshaft for the 1410 will be longer and the input is outside the frame. a hodaka one exhaust is on the right, no chainguard was used, and the jackshaft was all inside the framework.

the 1410 should also have a larger DIA sprocket like this one as well IIRC

Last edited:
Okay so I have a little more info for all the guru's. The rear sprocket is a 54 tooth #40 chain. It goes to the jackshaft, 10 tooth #40. Jackshaft input from motor is a 18 tooth #35 chain. All the gearing on the jackshaft is inside the jackshaft mounts on the frame. Unfortunately the bike was painted not too long ago so I might have lost some indicators there.

Probably a mx1310. Another way to tell is measure the length of the seat. The 1310 had a longer seat like bc1400/1500 because there was no tank in front of it.

Last edited:
HI can you explain further about the input being on the outside of the frame on a 1410MX ? So the 1510MX had it on the inside? Were there any other major differences between the 1410 and the 1510 apart from the 1510 having a fiberglass fuel tank and shorter seat?