bonanza tractor?

Got a response back from the man whose father worked for Arctic Cat and General Leisure as the head minibike design and manufacturing engineer.... According to his dad, General Appliance Became General Leisure. General Leisure was a wholly owned subsidiary of Arctic Cat.

Still no details if there were acquisitions, bankruptcy outcomes, or any connection to General Parts. Did AC buy GA and change the name or start GA, then change the name? May never know. Anyone have anything GA or GL made after 1972, mowers or otherwise?

Got a response back from the man whose father worked for Arctic Cat and General Leisure as the head minibike design and manufacturing engineer.... According to his dad, General Appliance Became General Leisure. General Leisure was a wholly owned subsidiary of Arctic Cat.

Still no details if there were acquisitions, bankruptcy outcomes, or any connection to General Parts. Did AC buy GA and change the name or start GA, then change the name? May never know. Anyone have anything GA or GL made after 1972, mowers or otherwise?
Are you sure he's got that correct? General Appliance becoming General Leisure? I would think it was General Appliance that became General Parts first and then General Leisure. I have a couple Trail Horse frame style bikes with General Parts labels and I know those Leisure (Arctic Cat style)EZ Rider Trail Horse/Blazers had General Parts labels as well.

These are pictures I saved from an EZ Rider Trail Horse bike that was on ebay.

The info came from 2 of the engineers responsible for the creation of the Arctic Cat line. They were there and worked for both AC and GL. That being said, they aren't spring chickens and one had to ask the other to confirm. This is all via email tag with one of their sons so I didn't get to ask a follow up about GP. You may be right.

I think all that is fairly certain is that GA came somewhere before GL. It's possible GP was the transition but that wouldn't have left much time between GA and GL, only a year or two. Without dates of the GP Trail Horse models, it's hard to tell.

I bought Arctic Cat bike parts from a place called "General Parts" in Omaha in 1979 or 1980. It was just a tiny parts place, probably just the leftover remnants of a former larger company. Maybe the stock and the name were bought out. However, Bob Fragoman bought the majority of the remaining AC parts and the name. He's next on my list to talk to. He'll probably know.

Do you have any mfg. dates for that Trail Horse in the pics? Any dates or clues in the brochure you found showing that bike? It's an interesting mash up of a 1971 AC Climber frame/swing arm, SSSCat tank, and Trail Horse forks. Because of the tank mount style, I'd think it was made in late 1970, early 1971.

Since I live in Omaha, maybe I just need to go dig up some old city records to see who came first, second, and third. My dad remembers where GA and GL were located and the building is still there, but he didn't recall if GP was ever there. He's old too so that's not saying much. The plot thickens! LOL!!