Bose Wave Radio

buckeye

My wife wants one for the kitchen and I would like to help her out as a Christmas gift
If you know anything about them, you know they are pricey new.
Now, not that I don't love my wife but, geeez.

So my point is, anyone have one they want to part with??

I would rather give someone mini bike money than give it to someone on ebay.

I have one sitting right next to me....listening to the Giants throttle the Saints right now.
This one is probably 10+ years old, it used to belong to my mom. Still looks and works like new. Even the AM sounds like FM stereo....has a small remote the size of a credit card...alarm (gradually beeps or turns on the radio sound). I love it, it was my constant companion during Hurricane Sandy...

buckeye

I know they are awsome. Fill the room with beautiful music.
I can see it now,a little Marvin Gaye, Lets Get It On playing.
A fresh pot of my famous home made spaghetti sauce simmering on the stove.
A light brush up against her supple, oh nevermind.

Anybody have one the want to sell??

None that I am selling but Ihave given about a dozen of them away. I kept 2. The wife loves them. I got them from the auction. They are great. Are you looking for the basic one or one with CD? The basic ones are just am/fm and I think they are like $349.

Hi Buckeye : I have a Phillips under the counter CD player with AM-FM and has a remote
works for me and keeps the counter clear.
And some Marvin is Marvin Gaye right ?

I used to love music.

I still do but I can't apreciate it the way I used to on account of some hearing loss.

I remember back in my CNCR college radio days I used to be able to whistle a perfect 2 kHz sin wave into my mixer board and scope it.
I was the function generator that I used to trouble shoot lol.

So.....

I learned some interesting things from this.
One was the amount of signal conditioning going on inside all that electronics and after sometime I came to the conclusion I was not actualy hearing what may have been recorded in the first place.

Well I think I could come as close as practical to reproducing what was recorded.
But I can't hear with a shit no more so it doesn't realy matter.

Built on the cheap its probably possible to assemble a good sounding Hi-Fi set for under 2 grand.
So how does this Wave thing actualy sound?
Is it actualy as good as they say or does it just sound better than a shitty cheap Japanese amp and some radio shack speakers.....

I don't have a stereo system.
Its just something on the back burner.
I have a heap of tubes here.

I also own only one album these days ( Tom Waits Assylum year from 1976 ).
No CDs because everyone downloads everything therse days ( with dubious levels of fidelity to begin with ).
And several boxes of old degrading tapes of various formats.....

Last edited:

buckeye

They sound a lot better than your average small radio system.
I have a Bose speaker system for my good ol Sony system I have had since 1985 or so. They just soujd so mucj netter than any speakers I ever had. I had Cerwin Vega big wood box speakers at oje tome im life. They sounded great. Then I got these Bose amd unreal,
I use to have about 6-800 albums at one time
I gave them away when I moved down here.
I don't evem have a turntable anymore.
I use to love stereos amd stereo equipment. Now, not so much.
Sure would love a real good system again one day.