Brake help needed

Can somebody show me a pic of how they mounted the OldMiniBikes 4-1-2 style brake. I dont have a cable and can't seem to figure out if i did have a cable how it works it just rotates around.

You would need something to keep it from rotating. Azusa supplies a clamp to go around the lower frame rail. One of the bolts is long enough to intersect the "fork" on the drum and keep it from rotating.

Not a great close up but you can see the rod coming off the frame that the fork goes over and see the eyelet on bottom side of frame for cable attachment , good luck .

Got it. Im missing the rod and the lever is there anyplace to get the lever. i have the threaded stud sticking out but no lever.

Chipper also where did you get the idler from for the chain I've sen several bikes on here with chain idlers but can't seem to find any. Is it necessary?

Last edited:
That bike originally had a scrub brake , so all you see I made and welded on the frame , the idler / tensioner wheel was also added , I made it with a skateboard wheel , I turned it on a lathe to cut a groove in it , It's not needed but makes life a whole lot easier , one bolt to loosen , slide it back a bit and chain is tight again !! not sure what lever you're talking about ? the arm that is on the drum brake ? if so I guess you could make one ?? good Luck

is there anyway you could send me pics of the idler setup. id like to see how you did it. Yeah the arm on the drum brake is missing I'm going to search to se what i can find or I'm making it.