Brake upgrade? for Dirt Bug

I just finished installing the predator 212 in dirt bug. Well pleased. Is there a brake upgrade available, or and add-on front brake? I have the caliper rear brake. This brake just does not seem sturdy. Thanks...Peace

Would I need the wheel or can I buy the band brake seperate. Does OldMiniBikes carry it? Thanks for responding catfishman! Welcome to the SEC!

Thats true. These stock chains are suspect too. I should have put a new roller chain on with engine, butt Im new to the mini world. Im learning fast...:scared:

catfishman

you could also get a hydralic brake , but some of the guys posted having some problems with the one from one of the places, cant remeber which one?

my grandson is 13, and rides with me on my HD. has a small dirtbike at his dads. He will ride hard so will most def get spare chain, brakes, ect. ect ha:thumbsup:

The original cable brake system is crap. Get the hydraulic brake assembly from Brad @ hotrodminibike.com It will be $ 50.00 well spent. We have been running them on both our DB-30's w/o any problems whatsoever.
MIchael

In addition, Brad @ hotrodminibike.com is one of the most professional, knowledgeable, and customer service-oriented vendors for mini-bike parts you will ever do business with.:thumbsup:
Michael

Hey thanks Michael an Stangrcr1! I will look into that. Its my G sons and that brake scares me. I bought the engine install kit there. Is it worth $50.? Is it just for rear brake...Ray

The original cable brake system is crap. Get the hydraulic brake assembly from Brad @ hotrodminibike.com It will be $ 50.00 well spent. We have been running them on both our DB-30's w/o any problems whatsoever.
MIchael
I just bought 3 from Brad. He's really helpful and my goods arrived well packed and on time at a good price :thumbsup: