briggs 5 horse ?

thanks so much mb,wd,and rk :thumbsup:when i cleaned it i went through i really well remember some things about these from when i was a kid even though that was a long time ago:doah:i took it outside today and it runs great think it was the fact that it needed prime to pick up fuel . have jet screw set at 1and 1/2 turns out from bottomed out think thats where it goes:shrug:idles well takes throtle well but full throtle it is sucking to much air but that is with out an air filter or tube that goes to valve cover i know i can get the air filter but where do i find or how can i make the tube from carb to valve cover ? made a simple header out of 3/4 id galv.pipe and a reducer and went to the smaller style muffler

You don't need that thing.. You can get em.. I've got about a million of them laying around, people have used rubber hose.. You can juts let it blow into the air.. Just plug the hole on the carb so dirt doesn't get in..

To set the fuel screw ya just set it so it sounds rite.. It's probably too rich, thats how they usually are.. Just get the motor going full throttle then start adjusting the fuel screw slowly until it sounds great... Ya might have to play with the idle speed again when ya get the top end running rite.. They are a very touchy balance to make em run awesome.. there is no perfect idle, perfect acceleration, perfect top end speed, all in one setting on these carbs, ya just get what ya get..

thanks restore kid for all the good advise:thumbsup: hey do you know if or where I can get a air filter adapter for these kind of carbs ?I know I have seen them on the raptors but don't know if those have the same style carb like on the racing karts:shrug: