briggs animal trouble.

well i got most of a briggs animal for a taco 22. it is missing the carb and the intake that the carb hooks too. Can anyone help me locate these parts or tell me if i can run a regular head and carb........ which i have.......

Hey thanks for the help....... i wonder if i would be better off trading for a complete motor that is not so performance oriented and on that is reliable....? i guess i would consider that.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
The Animal can run all day long just like any other regular lawnmower type enigne.

Is there anything extra done to the motor?

no nothing has been done to it. i also figured out my problem. i founf the right spacer to make the carb i have fit.... so no problem there..... im an idiot sometimes haha

ok, this is the carb i have on it....... on the briggs website it shows a different carb on it. the one that it shows on the website is a walbro similar to the one on the formula. i need info on the older animals...... do i still need a fuel pump........?

ALso that number may not be original he worked at the briggs plant and these are parts he brought home........ why would they make a snow blower engine out of all aluminum? all the internals are very light and not like the ones ive seen in other engines. i dont think it is a real snow........ i think it is an animal....... and if it is i need to put a starter on it?

JustEnough

It sounds like it is a collection of parts. The pull start handle is definitely from a Snow model. You may need to look for part numbers on the various components that you need to work on. If you can still email with the Briggs guy, he can probably identify the parts you are working on from a few pictures.

The electric starter and flywheel could be installed and you would still have the pull start capabilities.