Brilliance? ..or blasphemy? Powell opinion needed

CarPlayLB

Some of you that know me know that I have a laser that I do stuff with. I have a need to be different, so I cut some foot rest, "no slip" grip tape for my Powell that I am doing. I am keeping the Powell as close to stock as I can, but I need your help? Give me an honest evaluation of what I have done...and remember, you can't hurt my feelings...I am in sales and have lost all sense of feeling!

Thanks for HONEST input

I'm no Powell purist. I think what you have going on there is outstanding. Part of it may be the level of detail the fasteners apply, but it looks damn good to me.

toomanytoys

Not a powell owner, but I have opinions!:grind:

I love the floor boards decals! The logo is awesome!

But the STOP in the middle of the brake pedal..not feeling it.

Jamie1972

I "Appreciate" custom work. I dip my toe in it here and there...
My mind set is this....:eek:ut: (Just kidding :laugh:) seriously....
Imagine if every Camaro, mustang came from the factory Red w/ a black vinyl roof.
How boring would that be..:doah:
Answer your Question: Not a Powell fan.....But respect and think its good customization.

CarPlayLB

hey carplay.......where did you get the grip tape? GM used to use that stuff on the top of the rear bumpers on pick ups.......:confused:
I do some laser work for some "skater boys" and I got the grip tape from them. They buy it by the roll so I can get whatever I need...and it sticks really good too!

Dude, I just now called you a douchebag, but it was silent. :thumbsup: LOL, looking at what you've done, you could offer that service to the kart guys. They're always looking for ways to get the non-skid up where their heels go. They use car mats for crissakes on vintage karts with fancy paint.

If I was working on my kart now, I'd be kissing your ass to do a one-off Fox Go Boy logo design for it. :thumbsup:

CarPlayLB

Thanks Dave...but the only way someone who calls me a d-bag under their breath can kiss my a$$ is to have cameras present...I would need to preserve the moment for future generations! LOL

I have done some custom logos for skateboards, but have no sphere of influence in the kart world. One of the issues I have is that $20k only buys a 12' x 24" laser! Anything bigger that has some challenges.

If you want to try something for you, send me a PM

Thanks Dave...but the only way someone who calls me a d-bag under their breath can kiss my a$$ is to have cameras present...I would need to preserve the moment for future generations! LOL

I have done some custom logos for skateboards, but have no sphere of influence in the kart world. One of the issues I have is that $20k only buys a 12' x 24" laser! Anything bigger that has some challenges.

If you want to try something for you, send me a PM
Thanks! I'll keep that in mind! It aint like I'm ever gonna ride the thing. I hear ya on the costs. 20K huh? Wow!