brought one home

Just picked up a taco 22. The guy says its a 69? He also threw in what he said is the stock briggs engine. This thing is straight. How do i check the year of the frame and engine? Paid $50 for frame,forks,and engine. Did i do good?

Heres some pics. The engine has compression but no spark,suspect a bad coil. Also the gov linkage is all gone.is this thing worth fixing?

Mac

I seldom ever have a bad coil, it's usually the points or condenser,
but you might want to remove the "coil" and stick a Magnetron on it.

Mac

A Magnetron is a newer model Briggs coil (To keep it simple)
which replaces the early style "coil", and it does away with the need for points and condenser. Easy job, and nearly fool proof.

A Magnetron can be used to upgrade MOST Briggs & Stratton 2 legged ignition armatures that were originally equipped with breaker points.

Click on here> http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/b.../46944-point-setting-1959-3hp.html#post340234

Your engine looks like a 5hp, get a 3hp.

Last edited:

6doggie3

I know nothing about Taco mini bikes! were they the same length but one was wider or just two totaly different size's I was going 2 call him for the bigger one but now i have nothing 2 judge the two frames THANKS 4 your help!

Yes it is worth fixing. But if you are not too attached to it. I am sure someone would trade you something that needed less work for it. Someone who really wants one. I had a frame and was much happier seeing it go to someone who wanted it rather than myself who didn't really care for them...Too small for me anyway....