Bug Trail Flea

Hounddog

I got lucky again this week. About a year ago I bought a Bug Trail Flea(orange) with a buggered rear frame. So for a year I have been looking for a donor frame or donor bike. So I just lucked out and found another Bug Trail Flea(blue) with a good donor frame...I feel very lucky, as these do not come around very often...This will be a good project...Here are some pics...

Hounddog

These are nice little bikes. They were built back in the early 60's and this model came with 6" hands wheels, a suspension fork, and a disk brake on the jackshaft. Also sorry guys I do not have any parts for sale. HD

Hounddog

Hey SuperFlea, Thats a nice looking Trail Flea! And you have original fenders!!!! By chance do you have another set of fenders you would like to sell or trade? Sorry I had to ask...:thumbsup:

I have acouple sets of fenders and one original chaingaurd but I have bikes for all of them. If there was interest along with patience I can try and get them re-popped in fiberglass. I will double check but I believe the Superfleas and Trailfleas all used the same fenders and chainguard. The Trail Scout that I have used the same chainguard but has Chrome metal fenders.

Hounddog

I have no fenders for my Trail Flea or my Super Flea. I do have an original chainguard on my Super Flea. I will see if it fits the Trail Flea. The trail fleas came with a big sprocket on the jackshaft though?If I remember correctly the original fenders and chain guards are fiberglass too?

That's definitely the chainguard that I have. I've never seen those handlebars or brackets before. If you know of any period correct red seals for sale let me know. I only have one and it is I believe older than the Flea models.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 134KB.

Here is the Trail Scout/Superflea that BayAreaBurrito helped me get about a year ago

Hounddog

Here is a pic of your Trail Scout. That is a nice bike! Yes it has the same chainguard, and I also see the disk brake on the jackshaft. Very cool. You have a very nice collection.:thumbsup:

In less than 3 yrs I'll be retiring and I hope to really get going on some builds. I got another older SuperFlea from BAB that is REALLY cool and I need to post up some pics. That deal was facilitated by ScooterBoy. Both those guys are REALLY stand-up individuals and build some totally cool stuff. GUys like them and InjunTom are why I'm in this club.

Hounddog

I agree those guys have all helped me in one way or another, either directly or indirectly through someone else! I am in my office right now and I am looking at a vintage "boat anchor" pull start handle for a westbend engine...BAB helped me get this for one of my builds. Also please post some pics of that older Bug minibike....we all need to see those pics....come on already...stop holding out...LOL:laugh: