Building A Bumper For The Truck

Decided its time to build a bumper for the yota. Wanted it to look something like this:

Started by tearing the entire front end apart today:

Got to this by lunch:

And what it looked like when i was done today:

Still gotta gusset it, cut the fenders, relocate the blinkers, weld everything, build the stinger, grid everything down, and paint it. Hopefully i'll get it all done tomorrow let me know what you guys think.

Here is the one I built for my SuperDuty..

1/4" plate steel. Added a winch since and it sits just below the license plate.

BTW, it crushed the back of a Hyundai back to the rear window without damage to my truck. Totally missed the rear bumper and just plunged into that recycled beer can....

Brake check me? Fine. I have good insurance. :laugh:

banjo

Here is the one I built for my SuperDuty..

1/4" plate steel. Added a winch since and it sits just below the license plate.

BTW, it crushed the back of a Hyundai back to the rear window without damage to my truck. Totally missed the rear bumper and just plunged into that recycled beer can....

Brake check me? Fine. I have good insurance. :laugh:
Get brake checked often do ya??:eek:ut: Wonder why??:eek:ut:

My brother has a nice Custom made bumper for his truck, but it wouldnt pass inspection with it on. Something about hot a bumper is supposed to give in the event of a accident. :doah:

Made out of some big steel piping... Looks mean on the truck.

Get brake checked often do ya??:eek:ut: Wonder why??:eek:ut:
Only once. The guy was trying to log on to his laptop, while driving. I could see the laptop through his rear window. Once the cop saw it, he gave the guy a ticket. Gave me one for following too close, but it was thrown out in court once the judge knew about the other guys ticket.

Most people get out of my way....

Thanksa alot guys. I'm pretty proud of how its coming out, its pretty surprising that im makin this look so good haha. Anyways heres where i stopped today.

Doesnt look like much but i welded everything up, added a couple more mounting spots, ground everything down and worked on the blinkers a little. Gonna drive it for a week and build the stinger and paint it next weekend.

banjo

Only once. The guy was trying to log on to his laptop, while driving. I could see the laptop through his rear window. Once the cop saw it, he gave the guy a ticket. Gave me one for following too close, but it was thrown out in court once the judge knew about the other guys ticket.

Most people get out of my way....
:thumbsup:
I'v seen the computer people too . and lest not forget all while eating dinner & shaving:laugh: But I have seen the results of auto bullying and just hope that"s not the way you roll.. :wink:

Here's my yota, couldn't find a picture of the bumper but I went with a small stinger, that's a great looking truck you got there Bonanza, Nice Work :thumbsup:

Ok well I got that dam flu thats been going around but I managed to weld up the stinger and i think this thing looks pretty nice.

I also got my blinkers relocated into the little side marker lights.

And heres some pics of how I mounted it I used the existing mounts from the stock bumper and its pretty dam soild.