cali DoodleBug

hi guys and girls
my names oscar im from the bay area california, this is my first mini bike :thumbsup:

i bought the bike from a lady on cl for $100 she said it wouldnt turn on and it was slow and couldnt pull her 10yr old kid around anymore, so i said cool and took it home, im familiar with bikes/small engine since i was younger just tinkering with them, i also built a yamaha ysr50 i recently sold to fund the db build.

when i got home i drained the gas tank and the carb of old gas, changed the spark plug and added new oil and filled her up with gas, it turned on first pull :smile:

after about a week of riding it around stock i looked online for a little more go, i ended up messing with the throttle and it made a difference it was slow but me and my wife both fit on the seat and it was fun all last summer, a month after i bought the db i purchased a ysr50 frame and built it. sadly the db sat for a long time and when i wanted to ride it 2 weeks ago it was struggling to stay running. now i could have easily cleaned out the carb and gave it a little tune up but i felt the bike needed to be upgraded so i convinced the wife to let me use the credit card haha :thumbsup:

last friday i ordered the hf 212cc engine, install kit and a bunch of little goodies that ive been wanting for a long time. so i decided to strip the bike down and give it a paint job so thats where im at right now.

i joined the site and im making a build page because there's a lot of really good infomation on this site and its cool that other people have the same interest. if anyone has any advice on the build up id love to hear it! sorry for the long intro just wanted to be informative, thanks!

ill update as i go with the build :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Get the hydro brake ASAP and throw away that crappy stock cable brake. The first thing you will think after your first ride will be "Why didn't I do this sooner?" (Guaranteed!)
Michael

buckeye

Welcome to OldMiniBikes. You are correct. There are tons of great people on this site and will gladly help with any and everything.
Bike should be real fun when you are finished, if that ever happens.:thumbsup:

I love the black... I was thinking of a candy apple red but not sure since the black came out pretty good!

Let me load pics of the ysr real quick and of some goodies that came for me today

My old ysr50

I bought it non running, did a full tune up and rebuilt it then I added a k&n filter and dg race exhaust. It was a really fun bike

On a side not FedEx just dropped off some goodies.
A tach and grip, can't wait for the rest of the packages!

Last night while at the auto parts store I walked by the lights section and my wife asked why I didn't have lights on the mini bike and I didn't have an answer, I guess I never really thought about it. So I bought a set of "baja brand" foglights ( :laugh: "baja")
This morning I went to my local computer parts warehouse and found myself a 12v battery.
When I got home I decided on a location for everything so I started mocking everything then pulled out my welder and fab'd it up!
The foglights are clear glass which is fine for a headlight but I was gonna make one a brake light so I picked up glass paint and painted it red, also as my "real world job" I sell hid lights and performance parts So I wired up a nice little set and finished up the wiring.
Let me know what you guys think. Still waiting on my engine hopefully it'll be here Tuesday!!

:thumbsup:

It's alive!!!

Hopefully I can get everything finished tomorrow!
Im having trouble tightening the nuts holding the motor to the plate, maybe a ratcheting wrench? It all shakes like crazy! But it sounds tuff all stock haha