Can a Go-Kart become street legal?

Hey!:laugh: I'm new to this forum and have recently built a go kart over this past summer. Its an old Manco frame with generic HF wheels and a Harbor Freight Predator 6.5 hp 212cc engine. I currently live in New Hampshire and was wondering if it was possible to make this cart street legal, by adding turn signals, brake lights, head lights ect.. ect...

Thanks for your time and I'm happy to be a new member to the OldMiniBikes Forums!:thumbsup:

In new hampshire im going to say definatly no. My brother and I managed to make a dune buggy from scratch and get it legalized as a custom car in NY. It was not easy. Besides all the lights and safety things everything needing to be dot approved and the right measurements all of that. We also needed receipts showing which vehicles the engine and trans came from with their numbers on it. It needs a windshield the lights more than 2 feet off the ground even sun visors and defrost. By the time you get all that crap on it its almost like a real car! But thats just step one. Then you have to deal with the DMV for about a year trying to get the papers through. After we got it all done and registered we had trouble getting anyone to insure it. Its not gonna happen with a gokart.