CarPlay's Taco G300 Just Fo' Fun Class 2015 buildoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarPlayLB

I lied about the horsepower I am making...it dynoed at 29.5HP...not 30 as stated!

Nothing to update. I have been riding it, but I am fouling plugs. It looks like there is oil on top of the piston. I am using a stock breather, but I have a billet breather en route. I am hoping that vents all those horses better and I will be good!

I lied about the horsepower I am making...it dynoed at 29.5HP...not 30 as stated!

Nothing to update. I have been riding it, but I am fouling plugs. It looks like there is oil on top of the piston. I am using a stock breather, but I have a billet breather en route. I am hoping that vents all those horses better and I will be good!
Has anyone ever tried a pan evacuation system on one of these motors? You know, use the exhaust to pull a vacuum on the crankcase. It sure works in other applications.

CarPlayLB

I believe there was a guy a few years ago that tried the pan evac deal. I don't know if there is enough exhaust pressure to open the valve and if it was open in the pipe there may be reversion on the negative pulse. I hope that just by opening it up I won't have the oil coming past the rings. I was running it pretty hard!

I had a drag race car that pulled the valve cover gaskets inside the motor due to the vacuum created by the evac setup. Made a huge oil leak and mess. I had to gorilla snot the gaskets onto the valve covers to prevent that happening. On one of these small motors, I think it should work at medium to high r's. It just relies on the velocity of the exhaust stream to draw a vacuum on the crankcase.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.