Cat Eliminator #2 finished

Thanks for the comments. Wait til you see eliminator #3 when its done. It was the sweatiest of the 3 and i had to put alot of extra work into it to make it shine again, not to mention alot of $$$$ in chrome and way too much time. Hey Andy them handlebars look familiar, had to borrow them off the mx duster. They cleaned up really nice. Not to worry i have 3 bars in the chrome shop now getting plated one is for the mx. This one will probably be for sale pretty soon to help fund other cat projects and my ridiculous addiction of chrome.

capguncowboy

Is that the set I sold you in addition to the duster? I'm glad to see the stuff I sold getting back out there onto some much loved bikes. You do some amazing work!

Thank you. Andy, no those are the ones off of the duster itself, the extra set is one of the bars getting chromed. The switch plate i made, its fiberglass.

I made moulds from air dry clay. You need an original switch plate, on the inside of the switch plate put down plastic wrap and then start packing in the clay. Let dry a few days and then pull your mould out of the switch plate. It takes a good week for the air dry clay to fully dry like a rock. I then coated the dry clay mould with cookin oil and start laying the soaked fiberglass cloth, let dry, scuff it up and repeat with another soaked fiberglass cloth. After it dries pull out the mould. If your lucky it may come out. If not you have to break mould to get it off the fiberglass. After that get a dremel with a cutting wheel and cut off the excess fiberglass hanging down the sides,sand smooth and finish outside with some plastic filler. A real PITA , I made four for some of the bikes i needed them for. Never again:no: