Chopper conversion parts for baja heat?

GTLabs

I did a quick search but didn't find it. Spare me my n00bidity with the chassis ;). Are there chopper upgrades for bajas? I'm looking for extended forks, ape hangers, and wheels for it. A seat, torq-a-verter, brake, and new belt drive round out the mods I've been looking at. I'd like to convert this little thing into a stretched chopper without having to go with major frame mods. Any help would be appreciated. I'll log the project and E85 work in the appropriate forum. This will help get me started, though. I'm actually not worried about the motor as much as everything else. I don't need a 100mph+ drag bike, but I'd like to see just what these little Honda clones can do on alcohol and it needs an awesome looking chassis to go into.

Cheers!
G

You could have it all cut and ready then then have a welder do it. I would also use some tubing inside the two halves for strength

I wouldn't learn on that welder doing forks because round shapes are harder.

If you want something bolt on, maybe a mini chopper or motorcycle front end might fit with some mods.:thumbsup:

tomsprops

Cut yourself a new triple tree and Rake it there at the Headset. That way you could save for that Long list of part's you have your eye's on !

You could have it all cut and ready then then have a welder do it. I would also use some tubing inside the two halves for strength

I wouldn't learn on that welder doing forks because round shapes are harder.

If you want something bolt on, maybe a mini chopper or motorcycle front end might fit with some mods.:thumbsup:
What? Helping someone butcher a mini? You've been hanging with tblumer too long :thefinger:

Last edited:

GTLabs

I don't need "help" butchering something :hammer: :eek:ut: :thumbsup:. I honestly look forward to doing a good job on this without spending too much money. The fact that it will do 55mph with just the TAV tickled me pink. A 9-14 degree rake up front would look too cool. Even without the fender and just a wheel change with a smaller diameter tire would look good up front. Since I'll have to build the raked forks, would it be better to use inverted units?

What? Helping someone butcher a mini? You've been hanging with tblumer too long :thefinger:
Baja's and pre butcherd mini's are free game you twit! :thefinger: If it where a rare bike I would have tried to talk sense into the guy like I tried with our retarded one.:thumbsup: