Christmas Treats (post them up)

I see the kitchen as just an extension of the workshop w/a different set of tools and materials. Last weekend my wife and I made a fresh batch of bacon. So easy and so good, and I get to use the very dangerous meet slicer. This weekend I'm working on dirt bikes, cleaning out carburetors left all cruddy from sitting too long w/o draining the E10 fuel. Next weekend I'll get out the cookie gun (it really makes me smile to say "cookie gun") and make some spritz cookies and cheese straws to give as gifts. The cookie gun is probably fifty years old. It's a great tool.

Took me a moment to figure that one out. I looked at the photo and was like "WTF? Those don't look like brownies. How do you get them out of the jar?" Then I looked it up online and now it makes sense. :thumbsup:

Brownie Mix in a Jar II Recipe - Allrecipes.com
Ha ha I guess I could of explained it a little.

I see the kitchen as just an extension of the workshop w/a different set of tools and materials. Last weekend my wife and I made a fresh batch of bacon. So easy and so good, and I get to use the very dangerous meet slicer. This weekend I'm working on dirt bikes, cleaning out carburetors left all cruddy from sitting too long w/o draining the E10 fuel. Next weekend I'll get out the cookie gun (it really makes me smile to say "cookie gun") and make some spritz cookies and cheese straws to give as gifts. The cookie gun is probably fifty years old. It's a great tool.

I looked up the gun and there are a few on eBay. But the wife said no, lol. Looks like fun.

Candy canes (to taste, I use about 8 per pint)
3.5 cups water
2.5 cups sugar
1 pint moonshine
Blend the candy canes into a powder. Boil the water. Add the candy canes and stir in sugar. Cook until liquid is bright red. Remove from the heat and put pot in the fridge to cool. Once chilled, remove the pot and stir in moonshine.