chrome plating

does anyone have a platerthat does stuff reasonably priced and in a reasonabe time frame? I know haha good luck, I wanna get rolling on my roadster and need the lower forksplated

capguncowboy

I've been speaking w/these guys about some motorcycle parts that I need to have re-chromed. They came highly recommended by a friend who does high-level restorations. I haven't sent them my parts yet, so the final outcome is still unknown, but they were nice on the telephone.

Chrome Plating | Chrome Shops | Ogden Chrome | 800-453-3007
I've gotten quotes from them in the past, upon recommendation from a buddy. They allegedly do top-notch work, but they were at least double the quote of my local shop.

I've gotten quotes from them in the past, upon recommendation from a buddy. They allegedly do top-notch work, but they were at least double the quote of my local shop.
I'm preparing my '75 Yamaha RD350 for a show in California next May. This is the kind of show where you have to apply to enter, and I was glad to be accepted. It's a really nice original bike, but like most of them the chrome is flaking off of the head pipes that connect the engine to the mufflers. Since platers always seem to take forever, I figured I better get on it now. They gave me a phone quote of $175-$220 per pipe, based on the photos I sent, and said they would give a firm price once they saw them in person. Each pipe is appx 18" long and 1.5" dia. That's about twice as expensive as the last time I had anything plated, but that was also thirty years ago.

I've done business with Odgen chrome, as well as West Coast Plating in California. A set of forks will be around $250, depending on how intricate the forks are.

I have heard good things about Paul's Chrome Plating in Vegas.

Proctor's Chrome Plating in MI seems to have a good reputation.

It is always expensive, and always takes more time than you have for it.

The chrome shop here in Baton Rouge that I use is fair and does great work as far as I can tell , and I always get my stuff in under 2 weeks ! Scenic Perfection Bumper 225-355-3269

As a general rule (and has been our experience), "reasonably priced" and "reasonable time frame" do not go along with the word "chrome"!
LOL
Michael

Sorry y'all don't have a good chrome shop 10 miles from your house but I do , call the guy ! 100 % right that you can't good good work in a reasonable time frame ? are you serious ? This guy I've used on 3 occasions now and couldn't be happier , y'all obviously dealing with losers , this shop has been doing business for over 40 years !

Last edited:
Sorry y'all don't have a good chrome shop 10 miles from your house but I do , call the guy ! 100 % right that you can't good good work in a reasonable time frame ? are you serious ? This guy I've used on 3 occasions now and couldn't be happier , y'all obviously dealing with losers , this shop has been doing business for over 40 years !
Bwaahaaa! What's on the other side, a rendering plant? I mean gee, I'd love to live next door to a toxic waste site, but I'll suffer. Good thing about Louisiana though, is once you get even close, the entire state just sort of sucks you in.

I don't know how long West Coast plating has been in business, but a friend picks up and delivers my stuff, since he has a hot rod shop in the area, and passes along his discount to me. Pauls in Vegas has been around since 1977, and has done a lot of high end work over the years. No doubt nothing approaching the quality of work found next door in Bumfuk, LA, but you know, world class show car junk.

Now please return Chipper's body to him.

I hear ya ! 10-4:thumbsup:
That's better! :laugh: And you can brag all you want. One thing I noticed in chrome shops is the employees who do the actual copper, nickel and chrome polishing are HUGE. That is real expense, the prep. I also learned that it's better to let the shop do minor repairs as they see fit (small welds, etc) because it ends up costing less for them to do it in the first place, then it is to have them grind and polish my welds.