ck it,Im new, this site rocks,what I got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if someone mentioned this already but the frame is definitely a Fantic Broncco TX-3or TX-4 (same frame) with some hybrid handle bars/forks and other parts. It looks like it was painted with House of Kolor Lime Gold balm cans...Nice bike.

zook94

Sorry if someone mentioned this already but the frame is definitely a Fantic Broncco TX-3or TX-4 (same frame) with some hybrid handle bars/forks and other parts. It looks like it was painted with House of Kolor Lime Gold balm cans...Nice bike.
What has already been covered, is that there has been NO mods to the neck, other than gusset plates on either side. Frame is definitely not broncco. Original owner here, and he did mods himself, knowing what has been done since factory. Sorry.

I've looked at the pictures backwards and forwards...and I'm stumped. From the neck back it definitely looks like a cross between a Broncco TX-3 and TX-4, it has attributes of both. BUT, there are also things that make me think it's not a Broncco, like the angle of the down tubes on the front of the frame, how/where they meet at the neck, and of course the forks. However, the engine mounts, foot peg mounts, rear tire mounts and overall frame design looks like a Broncco.

I guess we'll just have to take your word for it that it has NEVER EVER been modified and you've owned the bike since it was bought at the store 10-20-30-40 years ago. If you can't 100% verify that, then anything is possible. I'm not saying you're wrong per se...but quite frankly, I know a lot about Broncco's and this is the closest thing I've ever seen to a Broncco that ISNT actually a Broncco. That doesnt mean it's a Broncco though.

Like I said above, it has attributes of a Broncco, and attributes of other bikes. Anyone who knows Broncco's knows they are hard bikes to find, as they came from Italy and were only sold for 3 years in the USA (1969-1971). I know the importer personally. So, what I am saying is, it would seem highly unlikely another mini bike manufacturer copied their bike...and for this to be simple coincidence is just too much to ask. Having said all that, I still don't know what your bike is. Good Luck!

MR ZOOK IS THIS YOUR BIKE OR MR CADDY/? WEAR IN THE FIRST POST DOSE IT SAY HE GOT THE FRAME NEW/ IT SAYS IT HAD 10 COTS OF PAINT ON IT WHEN HE GOT IT.HE ALSO SIDE THAT( THE FORK /HANDLEBARS /AND RIMS ARE FROM 1970 HONDA 50/END QUOTE ) THE RIMS ON THAT BRONCCO AREN'T HONDA 50.YOU SIDE BEFORE TO LET THE EXPERTS SPECK WELL JEFF TOLD YOU WHAT IT IS.JEFF AND HIS DAD KNOW ANYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ON BRONCCO MINI BIKES .WITH AL THESE GUYS WITH ALL THE MINI BIKES THEY HAVE OR HAVE HAD DO YOU THINK YOU KNOW MOOR THEN MYBIZ/JEEP /JEFF. YOU TWO ASK FOR HELP SO WHY BE RUDE TO THEM:surrender:

I've looked at the pictures backwards and forwards...and I'm stumped. From the neck back it definitely looks like a cross between a Broncco TX-3 and TX-4, it has attributes of both. BUT, there are also things that make me think it's not a Broncco, like the angle of the down tubes on the front of the frame, how/where they meet at the neck, and of course the forks. However, the engine mounts, foot peg mounts, rear tire mounts and overall frame design looks like a Broncco.

I guess we'll just have to take your word for it that it has NEVER EVER been modified and you've owned the bike since it was bought at the store 10-20-30-40 years ago. If you can't 100% verify that, then anything is possible. I'm not saying you're wrong per se...but quite frankly, I know a lot about Broncco's and this is the closest thing I've ever seen to a Broncco that ISNT actually a Broncco. That doesnt mean it's a Broncco though.

Like I said above, it has attributes of a Broncco, and attributes of other bikes. Anyone who knows Broncco's knows they are hard bikes to find, as they came from Italy and were only sold for 3 years in the USA (1969-1971). I know the importer personally. So, what I am saying is, it would seem highly unlikely another mini bike manufacturer copied their bike...and for this to be simple coincidence is just too much to ask. Having said all that, I still don't know what your bike is. Good Luck!
you are correct that i never said i owned the bike since new,witch i did not. BUT i did have it sandblasted before the gusset work on the neck, and given my motor sports and fabrication background, you could tell, nothing had been welded on it until i did. original coat of paint remained,(we had scraped it down to that at first)over the welds, and was mostly intact. the frame came from a friend in 1986, who got it from his grandpa who bought it new.(no more leads on that,hes passed). the coats of paint were done by the grandkids.

also note that is KIA rio gold,an auto color, sprayed in 2 stage.

also note, i did have an ad for this EXACT frame design bike out of a boys life or pop mech. magazine, but lost it.

thanks for all the help!

Last edited:

mybiz

Zook94 you say final post in this thread. But no you have to come back and make a bigger ass out of yourself. I cant see a person like you having any friends. Except those found in the bottom of a bottle. You've only been here 1 month and want to argue with two of the nicer people here. You won't make any friends taking the path you've chosen.
YOUR QUOTE:
OK, last reply to this topic, then I am finished with you children. The original poster stated clearly that he DID NOT modify the frame, just added gussets. He got the frame new. He changed the forks, and wheels. Did it occur to you that maybe he put wheel adjusters on the axle under the mounting bolts? Heres some things to ponder:

zook94

Ya know what mybiz? you have been the biggest hahahahaing prick over this goddam frame since it was first posted. I can read what caddy16v wrote, and comprehend, which is far less than your abilities. You have one answer and its right, no matter what anybody else says. I am a nice guy, easy to get along with, but hahahaha YOU. launching a personal attack on me is only proving my point. you cannot be objective. you can only be RIGHT. even the original poster says you are wrong. get over yourself, its not even your stuff.

BTW thanks again for the great info. best lead yet.

zook94

now with clearer pictures of the neck, you can see that on any broncco built that the downtubes come from either side of the neck, and shoot down to the foot peg crossbar, and the top rail tubes shoot outside either of the down tubes, leaving space for plugs in the end of the rails. In the picture of the actual bike, you can see that the down tubes are clearly lower on the neck, and closer together, and the top rails come together HIGHER on the neck than any broncco frame seen as of yet. they don't swoop up anywhere from front to back, and seem perfectly level...?.....

mybiz

If

Ya know what mybiz? you have been the biggest hahahahaing prick over this goddam frame since it was first posted. I can read what caddy16v wrote, and comprehend, which is far less than your abilities. You have one answer and its right, no matter what anybody else says. I am a nice guy, easy to get along with, but hahahaha YOU. launching a personal attack on me is only proving my point. you cannot be objective. you can only be RIGHT. even the original poster says you are wrong. get over yourself, its not even your stuff.
If your such a nice guy easy to get along with. Why did you step in. You are the one who started all this. And you also bashed a couple of others. Not a smart way to introduce your self to others. I know your not going to stop your self here. So continue with your nonsense.
FYI If you don't recall here is were you stepped in with your bs

He said that HE put the Honda forks on it, and added the gusset plates to the front. Here's a clue: ITS NOT A BRONCCO. Quit trying to make your answer fit. There's no prize for being right, and you're close to winning a prize for being a douche. Let the guy get some better pictures of key areas, and then the experts will tell you what kind of NOT BRONCCO it is.

zook94

I stepped in because of your non stop assault on the original posters intelligence. I guess you are making up for your lack thereof. You sure do get angry when you are wrong. The original poster has even asked you to stay out of his thread, and thanked me for helping him, and he wasn't being sarcastic about either. Go away. Find a new hobby where you can always be right.

mybiz

Shutup

I stepped in because of your non stop assault on the original posters intelligence. I guess you are making up for your lack thereof. You sure do get angry when you are wrong. The original poster has even asked you to stay out of his thread, and thanked me for helping him, and he wasn't being sarcastic about either. Go away. Find a new hobby where you can always be right.
You like making total ass out of yourself please continue it almost as funny as you are get over yourself. I like that one go away.:1orglaugh:

zook94

OK, proof in pics.

And neck:

Its quite obvious that both bikes are the same, enjoy your new Broncco. Sorry I was wrong. Now will you eat S H I T mr. Inyouribz? Quit stalking my posts. I hope that caddy16v reports all of your crap to the board admins, giving you some time off. Maybe you will learn how to paint like an 8th grader, and fix the paint job on that red Broncco.

Status
Not open for further replies.