cl find today.......trail boss????

thanks guys..........made it back with the bike and a friend picked up another 25 dollar special............and it has a tav too...........pics coming later this morning............I had a fantastic day yesterday.........:thumbsup::thumbsup::scooter:

markus

I wanna see close-ups of the swingarm mounts.....or maybe I don't cause i am going to want to cut mine off and redo it for a TAV then :doah:

coming marcus..........I don't think this bike has been cut.....I could be wrong...........I think I have a k & s hornet mb 85 too......the 25 dollar special my friend picked up for me.......about to go to the barn and get it to my shop so I can look her over......will be uploading pics in about 30:pimp::pimp:

any suggestions hp? I took the pic that way cause after I looked it over I saw that, but im not discouraged cause I know you guys will give me good advice........I have no welding skills nor the time to learn right now. however there is a lot I like about this bike........the size and similarities to the bonanza...so its a keeper and I wanna do it up right....I will be posting more pics as the day progresses...I would like to confirm this bike is mostly original...and if necessary I will take it to a welder friend of mine.....:thumbsup:

markus

Better fix that cracked frame Tippy :doah:

ouch that does look like a crack going on there! That is a great mod for the swingarm :thumbsup: a little shaping to the backside of the original mount tab and it will look factory! the welding they did at least looks pro/clean too:thumbsup:

One thing that will probably not mesh well is the rear fender angle since the swingarm is moved back. so If you have one to use might want to mock it up before paint to see if the tabs need to be cut and angled more. I was looking at that when I was setting mine up as I was wanting to bring my swingarm back farther. I like these swingarms better than the bonanza, but I dont like how it uses the jackshaft to pivot from.

okay so what you are telling me is this is a modification and trailhorse never used this setup? don't mean to sound dense but I thought ive seen some pics of this setup on a trailhorse somewhere. but im new to this hobby and I depend on you guys to help me out........there doesn't seem to be much info on these bikes....

ok marcus I get it.......I found a pic online of a trailhorse with the same swing arm setup but I see how it is mounted and mine looks to be modified.......the fenders on this thing aren't in the best of shape but I need to look at things a little closer to see which way I will go with this bike....may put some 8 in spinners I have on it......

and hp.....I will do just that:thumbsup:

Trail Horse

Nice find, you have lots to work with....and a little welding...
If you go the 8" wheel route (looks good), I'm interested in the 6" stuff.
I just picked up a couple TH and I'm looking for original 6" setup.

Thanks
Frankster

okay so what you are telling me is this is a modification and trailhorse never used this setup? don't mean to sound dense but I thought ive seen some pics of this setup on a trailhorse somewhere. but im new to this hobby and I depend on you guys to help me out........there doesn't seem to be much info on these bikes....
Yea, you can see where the original jack shaft bracket was cut at an angle. They might have even used the piece to weld onto the back. The jack shaft brackets were designed to bolt onto the frame using the two slots. That way you had adjustments for the chain to slide forward or back. Like I said before General Appliance bikes never used a TAV. I have seen a couple bikes where the owner used the bolt on TAV set up but the engine would have to be lifted in order for the driven clutch to clear the jack shaft. Glenn should PM you back. Sometimes he takes a little break. He also sells on ebay so do a search for those Trail Horse manual copies I told you about that he was selling. Here is his seller list. You might try messaging him through ebay.

>>>>>http://www.ebay.com/sch/glennbaine09/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Last edited: