cl find today.......trail boss????

thank you so much tom.......so if I weld new brackets I wont be able to use the comet clutch with it? I guess I need to lead some pics of the engine that came with the bike...

thank you so much tom.......so if I weld new brackets I wont be able to use the comet clutch with it? I guess I need to lead some pics of the engine that came with the bike...
You're talking about the Comet TAV? If you went to the original mounts you would need to raise the engine or tilt the TAV to clear the jack shaft.

On this one they tilted the TAV backing plate enough to clear the jack shaft. This is a non suspended model but it would be the same for a suspended model.

and I am sorry...this may be a stupid question but would it make a difference with the 8 in spinners? I am new with this......and here is the engine that came with the bike....my question is....does the comet clutch look complete? I do have the plastic
cover

By the way. Hang on to that Nelson muffler. That is original for a Trail Horse. Not easy to find. Unless you don't want it then let me know. :deal:

Last edited:
will do tom.........have any idea where the numbers are on this motor.......there was a plate on the cover but now gone...from what I have seen on the brochure it may be a 4hp?

Muffler

Can you post pictures of the muffler with a tape measure?
I'd like to get an idea of the size and some dimensions on the inlet and outlet pipe size as well if and when you have time.

Thanks
Frankster

Tippy, I have been reading thru and catching up on your thread....looks like a great bike with some really nice parts and you've got a lot of good people helping out. :smile:

Last edited:
If you are restoring it, then use the OldMiniBikes jackshaft setup linked earlier.

Thinking on it, I would slide the motor in there and see if the current jackshaft setup works with the TAV. It might fit.

buckeye

You sure you ain't from Meeechigan? They never have cameras.:shrug:

Great score. :thumbsup:

You ever gonna finish one of them sweet BO-nanzas?

see my other thread slo.......I will be posting more pics hopefully tomorrow...camara failure......but I have a couple of muffler pics for frank........and one of the parts that came with the trailhorse