Cleaned, repainted and ready to go

joekd

Getting my NR racing stage 2 clone ready to go on my Warrior. Motor was being used on my son's kart so I took it apart and did some cleaning (degreasing) repainted it and filled it up with fresh oil

Used metallic silver and a candy red for colors, will more then likely change out the header for a different one (the one I was using for the kart obviously wouldn't work on the warrior so I put on a box stock one for now) and need to tighten up the linkage but at least it's ready to go. Ignore the pink paint on my workshop stool, just got done spraying some cabinets for my daughters room :facepalm:

Before:

Now:

Close up of the paint

joekd

Rattlecan, no need to get the compressor and stuff out for a bike motor that's just going to see the trails and get scratched up anyway

Put on a few coats of clear so it should last a bit

Love the new paint Joe.Hey if you dont mind can you instruct me/us on how you got the old paint off and the metal prepped,I need to do mine.

Thanks....

joekd

I didn't have to strip the old paint, it was still good so I simply removed the parts from the motor, cleaned/degreased them, scuffed, primed, sprayed color then clear

If I did have to remove paint I would of used paint strip pads on my angle grinder, best invention ever. They do in minutes what would take hours by hand.