Clone swaps

Is there any difference in a 5.5hp crankcase and a 6.5hp crankcase. I am very new to tearing down a motor and rebuilding it. I have several 5.5hp clone crankcase lying around and was wondering if I can put a 6.5hp crankshaft in one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh me.....6.5hp block and 5.5hp block are different and if you put a 6.5hp crank in a 5.5hp block you are stroking the engine. It will work with the right rod and piston combination.

Oh me.....6.5hp block and 5.5hp block are different and if you put a 6.5hp crank in a 5.5hp block you are stroking the engine. It will work with the right rod and piston combination.
So what's the right combo. I have a gx160 head, piston, cam, crank and rod. We'll the whole thing actually but it looks like someone smacked the top of it with a hammer to remove the governor. So the case is shot. Thanks for the help in advance.

Also what's the best way to clean up the heads. Some are really bad. I don't wanna scratch them up.

cxbra

I read on bobs4cycle that they can be bad ass little motors , faster reving than a normal 200 .
I've always thought that the smaller displacement motors should rev higher.. Bigger motors like the 212cc Predator have so much more bore and stroke over the 160cc motors, but the stroke of course is what determines total rpm's. Short stroke motors like the 160 should in theory spin higher rpm's than a "stroked" motor.I have a spare 160cc clone that i'd love to modify once I get another rolling chassis to put it in.