Clutch Stuck on Shaft

Well I started the tear in on my Baja Heat. So I though I would begin with the clutch. I got the bolt on the end of the crank off, removed the circlip and the clutch is stuck! It wont come off the crank. So I was just wondering if there is some sort of specific procedure for removing the clutch on these bikes or does anyone know a way to fix this problem? Thanks,

-Logan

did you remove the sets screws (if there are any)? if it's just stuck on, spray it with some penetrating lube and maybe try a puller.

which circlip did you remove?

did you remove the sets screws (if there are any)? if it's just stuck on, spray it with some penetrating lube and maybe try a puller.

which circlip did you remove?
First I removed the one on the end of the shaft......then, stupidly, I removed the large one and my clutch came falling apart. I'm gonna get a new clutch anyway but the damn thing still wont budge.

And I haven't seen any set screws

-Logan

ViperR

The clutch floats on the shaft without set-screws and is indexed with the key and shim washers & bolt. Might as well get or borrow a puller. MaxTorque reccomends not using set-screws and most of their current line actually has no tapped holes. I used to deliver to them when I lived in Chicago and their products are quality at a decent price.

Got a cheapo pulled from the auto parts store. And with a little bit of work I got the damn thing off....I'll open the motor up tomorrow!

Thanks for the help guys

-Logan

there's no point in running set screws when you have the bolt in the end of the shaft. the ones that come with the clutch work well for plugging the case holes when you remove the governor though, so hang onto them.

I like the idea of the extra security with set screws, but I think that it's a little overkill. Good advice on keeping the set screws around for things that you mentioned, or whatever else.

Don't use the set-screws. According to MaxTorque, you need approx 1/16" slide for chain deflection. So, the shaft bolt and shim washers are all that is needed. Check out their web site. Lot's of good info & tips.