Coleman CT200U choke arm won't move at all

Hello,

The gray choke arm located just above the fuel shutoff won't slide to the right as normal. In fact, the bike won't crank at all. My son got the bike on Christmas and I plan on calling Coleman for support, but I also wanted to see if anyone could offer any thoughts. It's been ridden several times without issue and choke has never been a problem. Simply won't move at all. I included a picture of the choke and fuel shutoff arms.

Thanks everyone!

Minibike choke.jpeg

I have had little twig pieces go in some places on rides..take the box off the carb will give you a better view and see if something just out of position or something

Ok, here's my guess...I'm leaning toward Raskin's thoughts that 'something' is preventing it from moving....but what I wonder is... could the choke and fuel shut off switch, be set up (for some safety reason :shrug:) such that it won't allow choke to move to the on position, unless the fuel supply is turned on...:shrug:

I can't see which way the fuel supply arrow is pointing to on...so my suggestion may be way off...:laugh:

Good luck, and keep us posted.

btw...Raskin has become our resident Coleman guru, with his experience with his Coleman bike(s) In my opinion he is doing a great job of helping all the new Coleman owners...:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thank you, I will give that a shot. It's definitely difficult to get a really good look at. I don't see any obvious obstructions, but if its something tiny then it could easily be missed.

I failed to get back sooner and let you know that I fixed this issue. The gray choke arm that wouldn't move is moving again! It turns out the choke arm has a pin that interlocks with another small piece and when the choke arm slides left to right, the other piece moves in conjunction with it. The choke arm had been moved or vibrated up just enough so that the pin, (that's what I'm calling it), slid right out of the other small black piece located behind it. Trial and error led me to this. I gently raised the choke arm and nestled the pin back in to the other piece and we are back in business. Sorry I don't have more technical terms for all of that! Also, a lot of that is shrouded by the air filter assembly and a plastic guard making it hard to see.