Coleman RT200 not running

SAS289

The key that is left is too short. At one point it broke in half. They had one 5mm key that covered both sprockets, at least 30mm long.

I'd bet that Coleman sold a lot of those jackshafts. In your case the jackshaft (not the assembly) and a new 5mm key would get you going. The sprockets may be ok. The keyway on their 16mm jackshaft is what gets beat up.

But the next thing to go would be the bearings if you don't replace them during the repair.

The key that is left is too short. At one point it broke in half. They had one 5mm key that covered both sprockets, at least 30mm long.

I'd bet that Coleman sold a lot of those jackshafts. In your case the jackshaft (not the assembly) and a new 5mm key would get you going. The sprockets may be ok. The keyway on their 16mm jackshaft is what gets beat up.

But the next thing to go would be the bearings if you don't replace them during the repair.
So this would be what I should buy?

Attachments

If I may make a suggestion...
Before you order parts, look at Torque converter kits.
The repair that you need to do in order to fix your problem...the repair itself... could be more difficult than just installing a torque converter.
Your performance will be much better and you won't need to mess with that clutch anymore.

If I may make a suggestion...
Before you order parts, look at Torque converter kits.
The repair that you need to do in order to fix your problem...the repair itself... could be more difficult than just installing a torque converter.
Your performance will be much better and you won't need to mess with that clutch anymore.
Shoot well I already ordered the new jackshaft. Does a torque kit come with the jackshaft?

Did you get a 5mm key for it? Does the key fit in the keyway of your sprockets?
Yes. The key fits and everything, I went to put the new jackshaft (pictured) in the assembly and it went right in through the bearings and came out on the drivetrain side. But when I tried to fit the sprockets on the jackshaft they would not fit and it feels like it’s literally .5 mm worth that won’t allow it to slide on.

Triley41395

Yes. The key fits and everything, I went to put the new jackshaft (pictured) in the assembly and it went right in through the bearings and came out on the drivetrain side. But when I tried to fit the sprockets on the jackshaft they would not fit and it feels like it’s literally .5 mm worth that won’t allow it to slide on.
Just compare the new shaft with the old one. Are they different?
If it fits the bearings should fit the sprocket.

SAS289

You may have to clean up that leading edge with a file or sandpaper. There may be a little material left there from the machining process.

SAS289

With the 6203 bearing it's stepping down from 17 to 16mm for the sprockets.

That was the problem from day one of the tall tire bike jackshafts. You couldn't find 16mm bore sprockets for an easy gearing change. Otherwise there would have been a ton of 14-16 tooth sprockets sold to replace the 20 on the jackshaft if it were 5/8".

I had the same problem with the ebay torque converter kits. First one comes with a 5/8" jackshaft which was great and made gearing changes easy. Second one came with a 16mm jackshaft. Where are you going to find a 16mm bore 9 tooth with a 5mm key or keyway? Did I stop searching too soon?

So I actually had this happen to me. Fixed it by replacing that jackshaft...

And then about a month later, replaced it all with a torque converter anyway. I wish I had just done that from the start and saved some money. Its so much better.

As for the 16mm to 5/8 issue, I solved that pretty easily: