Anything Goes! Colman CT200. Build

#4
Update ,teardown complete, all unnecessary parts removed and welds cleaned up ready for New axle bearing and brackets. Going with 650/6 rear 6x6 wheel .1 in axle with jackshaft. New crossbar made from a piece off old rear rack,same tubing as the frame. Parts on the way, more updates soon.
 

Attachments

McPower

New Member
#5
Update, time for a little chop cut rebuild. Decided to do a 6in stretch, tubing was also recycled from rear rack, inner sleeves made from old jack handle, plug welds bottom and top and welded at all seams. Working on new engine plate and jackshaft now more to come.
 

Attachments

McPower

New Member
#7
Nice work. Definitely what you call starting over. Lol
Thanks, the rear frame was really out square, to get the axle set 90 degrees from centerline,there was no other choice. Or I guess I could have hacked up the bearing hangers that I had worked so hard to make identical. Frame rails cut at factory seams, so I was able too gain a little over an inch in width in the rear. 20200131_175642.jpg
 
#9
Update, New engine plate welded and jackshaft and mount done. Rear bearing hangers welded. A little more clean up of the tubing reviled some small cracks around both down tubes just below the factory gusset, about half way around. Scored the cracks with a cutoff wheel,then welded up and added more gussets.
 

Attachments

#10
Update, rear fender and seat made from some diamon plate had leftover from another project. New upper rear seat hoop made from a piece that originally held chain guard. Header started life as a .960 3 stage karting pipe and was able too keep it the same length with a little work.
 

Attachments

#13
Thanks for the kind words,as for the old paint it had been rattle canned the green it was when I started, black was under that, then the original red witch was a solvent base,not power. A fine SS wire brush on 4in grinder ,then finish with scotch bright surface conditioning disc.
Looks like its coming along nicely! Out of curiosity, what did you use to strip the old paint/powder coat off the frame?
for the
 
#15
Thanks for the kind words,as for the old paint it had been rattle canned the green it was when I started, black was under that, then the original red witch was a solvent base,not power. A fine SS wire brush on 4in grinder ,then finish with scotch bright surface conditioning disc.

Update, more progress this week ,have the rear chain guard shaped and mounted and with a little more clean up and polish, I think it will be fine. Also got the fuel tank mounted along with the catch tank. 20200221_231752.jpg 20200221_231825.jpg 20200221_231734.jpg
 
#16
Time to give this puppy a little fuel and air. Flange made from 1/4in flat stock. Steel tubing was same OD as carb flange .ID filled with steel epoxy after welding and blended to D shape. Can be drilled and taped for pulse fitting if I need to run a fuel pump.
 

Attachments

#17
Update. Bike is now a rideable work in progress. A few touch ups this weekend and will be ready for powder coat. Bike performed very well, rides great and steering is smooth at high speed .Bike has been named Coletrain, there is a video of the maiden voyage on YouTube. McPower makes first pull on the Coletrain.
 

Attachments

Top