Columbia/MTD

Hey, just thought I'd share my newest project. I picked up the MTD/Columbia Western Flyer from Josh Howard about two months ago. I've finally have gotton started on it. I started by breaking the roller down and media blasted everything over the weekend. My next step is to plan the rest of the layout and start mocking things up before powdercoating. I already have a Briggs Animal and TAV II so I think I'm on my way. I'm not looking to build an all out dragger, but something that will get the kids in the neighborhood excited.

I'm not looking to build an all out dragger, but something that will get the kids in the neighborhood excited.
PERV!!!! Just kidding LOL. Seriously though, nice job. Way to take the time to do it right. Did you do the media blast yourself? If so, what did you use?

Very Nice top of the line hardware:thumbsup:

How about some of the specs?
I like that exhaust. Kinda close to the seat?
What kind of seat is that I like the look of the flat one?

Hey guys, thanks for the response. It's a 60 tooth rear sprocket. I'm gonna try that first. With the torque converter I think it will be a good all around fit. If I want all out top end I have a 40 tooth as well. That might be a little scarry though with the high rpm of the Animal. As far as the seat goes I built it and had it covered at an upholstery shop. It cost me $35 to cover. I like the way it turned out too. The exhaust pipe may be a little close. I'm going to wrap it in header tape and see how it goes before I try to bend it. It's an Robertson pipe that I cut down.

125ccCrazy

I picked up the rear gear today. Do you guys think a 40 tooth rear is too low? My Tav II has the 12 tooth drive gear.
with a TAV2 that 40 might be a bit small if it's #35, if it's a #41 chain it might be okay since it will be a bigger diameter than a 40 tooth #35

Looking good so far :thumbsup:

She finally done......and fast! There's a few odds and ends, but today was the first ride. You definitely have to roll on the throttle with this one.

Yep.........trial by error. Better to scar the seat than my ass. I need to find someone to bend the pipe down. Thanks for the :thumbsup: