Complaining about me on my bikes

Alright so im fifteen and i build the bike then ride em around a sub down the street with my brothers. Were friends with a few people in this sub but just recently we started to get dirty looks from one or two people. Then one day my older and younger brother were riding one of my ruttmans and a go kart round the sub when he pulls in front of them in his lawn mower. He yells at them and says its a public road and that theres been 8 COMPLAINTS. I think its bull but we no longer ride through there also they sent us a letter in the mail hahahahah complaining even my dad rides with us thought!!!!!!

Bull SHIT:censure:

yeah it's bullshit, but what you're doing isn't legal.

i'm glad i live in an area that i can ride if the want. i just stop every time i see a car and i always get people waving when i go by. :laugh:

there are always people riding around on dirt bikes and quads too. as long as you aren't being too obnoxious no one seems to care. a few months ago there was a guy ripping donuts on a shifter kart for a good 20 minutes just down the street and no one cared.

my neighborhood is right next to the Concord Naval Weapons Station so there are always Sheriffs and Military Police around. the MP don't care and the Sheriff's department is understaffed so they won't really bother you.

Back in the seventies (when I was about your age). I was rideing on the side walk in front of my house, coming from my nieghbors drive way. A cop see's me and pulls right into my drive way. Writes me up to appear in juvy court.:thumbdown:
We rode all the time in the sub back then. Most of the time just to get to the trails.

p.s. This has been my only trouble with the law to this day.:smile:

Well maddan.....it's unfortunate that your neighbors don't see the good side of what you are doing. I guess that they don't realize that all the time you spend building , tinkering with and riding your minis could be spent doing alot worse things. I live out in the country and the neighbor kids have some dirt bikes. A couple of them are truly louder than they need to be and can get a little obnoxious at times, which sometimes irritates my wife. But I just remind her that i did the same thing as a kid and that these kids could be out getting involved in gangs, drugs , drinking and who knows what else.

If it really gets to be a hassle, maybe in try talking to the neighbors(very nicely..no matter how stubborn they are). Show them what you are doing and learning. Work out an agreeable time for you and your brothers to do a little riding.

About 6 years ago when I was riding back on the road coming from the trails. A police man pulled me over on my quad and made me leave it in the middle of the road for my father to come pick up.

I found that absolutely ridiculous!

But as for driving around in the subs you gotta be respectful to your neighbors, like jesse said above, try and find a field or something that you can mess around in.

delray

sometimes the best thing you can do when riding in the neighborhood is to just wave at them and don't be riding around with a straight pipe without a muffler. then your just asking for it:doah: either way it sounds like your done riding until next summer..:scooter:

PatrickCraik

Been There!!

It's usually the old fart with nothing to do but mow his lawn four times a week. I grew up with such a jerk next door and recently had one a few doors down from me. I asked him how he managed to hear our minis over the lawn mower? He just grumbled some BS about being illegal. I reminded him how he walks his dog in the local school yard,lets him poop and how doing so is against a township ordinance. He grumbled a little more about how he can imagine the noise. I told him there are doctors for that,and he went into the house. He died this spring and I didn't see a wet eye @ the funeral home.

Pat

Last edited:
It's usually the old fart with nothing to do but mow his lawn four times a week. I grew up with such a jerk next door and recently had one a few doors down from me. I asked him how he managed to hear our minis over the lawn mower? He just grumbled some BS about being illegal. I reminded him how he walks his dog in the local school yard,lets him poop and how doing so is against a township ordinance. He grumbled a little more about how he can imagine the noise. I told him there are doctors for that,and he went into the house. He died this spring and I didn't see a wet eye @ the funeral home.

Pat
When I was just out of High school there was and old fart that moved in next to my parents and he used to come out and yell out me for getting my bikes out and starting them in my parents back yard. I use to give him the one finger salute a lot. So being the asshole that I am I just did more and more, The town cop did not care it was during the day time. I put a new top end on a 86 CR125 I had and sat in the back yard with the new DG exhaust pipe on it facing his house for like a hour breaking in the engine. I look back at it and I think he would of been better off not being a dick because I wouldn,t of bother him so much If he wasn't a prick all the time. Nobody in town like him either and I do not think his wife did either. And he also mowed his yard every day in the summer. That old fart finally died, I like to think I help speed up the process be getting him worked up all the time.

gotta love those guys. i remodeled a bathroom once for a guy that kept his lawn perfect. He mowed it twice over in oposite directions sometimes 3 if it was too long he bragged. Probrobly every 2 or 3 days it was a big freakin lawn too. and the couple was a stickler for every little detail. Guess i should be thankfull i have drunks for neighbors

When I was just out of High school there was and old fart that moved in next to my parents and he used to come out and yell out me for getting my bikes out and starting them in my parents back yard. I use to give him the one finger salute a lot. So being the asshole that I am I just did more and more, The town cop did not care it was during the day time. I put a new top end on a 86 CR125 I had and sat in the back yard with the new DG exhaust pipe on it facing his house for like a hour breaking in the engine. I look back at it and I think he would of been better off not being a dick because I wouldn,t of bother him so much If he wasn't a prick all the time. Nobody in town like him either and I do not think his wife did either. And he also mowed his yard every day in the summer. That old fart finally died, I like to think I help speed up the process be getting him worked up all the time.
:thumbsup: Ha sounds fun one of my ruttmans has a horible muffler and its also slow so i can see how its anoying. I think im gonna get a straight pipe on my 5 hp. 40mph:thumbsup:

I have an old neighbor he has a cracked window in the back that's never been fixed he always has his blinds on the windows down he has a son tha lives about a block away and he's really nice feel ba. For him the dad is always having him come down to his house to help with something one time I kicked a ball overthr fence so the dogs took a piss on the ball and then it was shredded into bits and got thrown
back the next day boy was I mad.:thumbdown: lol

I guess guys like that encourage you to aggravate them more because of the way they act in the first place. That same old fart one time tried to stop me while I was on my Yamaha Banshee. My parents house at the back of there back yard there was stone alley and across the alley was a school yard field and when you got across the school field it was open into the country. There use to be a woods outside of town that I could ride in, so I would ride out of town Quietly and go ride in the woods and come home and put my bike away. Well that use to piss him off that I rode across the field that wasn't his any ways. I knew someone at the school that said it was Ok as long as I did not tear up the grass or cross it while school was in session. So this was in the early spring and I went out for a ride after work and I saw him coming out of his house to yell at me again,so I just headed out to ride. That SOB waited for me to come back and was out in the school yard by the alley. Its was getting dark and I was hurrying home, I had my lights on low. He decides he going to try and stop me and gets in front of me. So I lock up my brakes and almost sliding in to him. and yelling like a crazy SOB. By then I'm Pissed. So I down shift and jump up on to the alley do a couple of donuts on the stones and sling a shit load of stones his way, so then were both ready to fight. So I say to my self I just leave him alone he just grumpy old fart. I put my bike up and he comes strolling over to talk to my dad, and so we are all getting in to it because my dad could not stand him either. I was 19 or 20 at the time, I was like what am I going to get a spanking or something for by bad. So anyways he's say he's calling the cops. While I'm think this is going to be fun. I wait all evening and they never did show up. I think there were tired of him calling for everything all the time. He used to call them if kids were on his lawn or playing to loud in the school yard. And He's the one that moved from the country outside of town and moved right in between two school buildings the elementary and Jr. high for are school district. I went to school with his grandson and was freinds with him and he did like him either he had his nicknames for him too. So you can see what type of guy he was.